User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So if I put the water heater on bypass I will get hot water? From reading that thread, I understood that to mean that you are bypassing the water heater, and cold water would come out both the hot and cold spigits. My cold water is fine, it is just the hot. My husband found something about a backflow prevention valve in the water heater, a valve where the hot water exits the water heater, it can sometimes break apart and get stuck and block the flow of the hot water out of the water heater?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by terryannbautz View Post
    So if I put the water heater on bypass I will get hot water? From reading that thread, I understood that to mean that you are bypassing the water heater, and cold water would come out both the hot and cold spigits. My cold water is fine, it is just the hot. My husband found something about a backflow prevention valve in the water heater, a valve where the hot water exits the water heater, it can sometimes break apart and get stuck and block the flow of the hot water out of the water heater?
    What was suggested was a simple check to confirm if in fact the check valve (backflow preventer) is defective. Once that is confirmed, you can take the heater off bypass and continue with the repairs. While in bypass you won't get hot water.

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by terryannbautz View Post
    This was suggested to help confirm if the check valve is bad and as John stated you will not get hot water. If you bypass the water heater and get good pressure then you have confirmed that you need to replace the check value on the water heater. If you still get poor pressure then it is something else.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12