Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AC auto temp?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lingerlonger View Post
    Re A/C Fan continuing to run when in the AUTO mode.

My 337RLS is doing the same thing. In my mind, I was sure something was wrong with the wall mounted control. I read and re-read the manual this morning and don't see a thing indicating that AUTO is not automatic. In fact, I think the manual says to put it in AUTO. After experimenting with it over a couple of hours, it appears to me that the AUTO function just automatically switches the fan among High, Med, or Low depending on how far away the Set temperature is from the actual. I don't think it ever turns the fan off automatically.
    Not a problem really. I just wish the manual said so. Every other thermostat I've seen, the AUTO setting turns the fan on or off automatically.
    That seems to be the way the Atwood thermostat works...ours has the Dometic thermostat and it work as I've said previously.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Naw....made to run in Auto and Atwoods will cycle the compressor on and off. Believe me, I've been down that road before with Atwood.

Re A/C Fan continuing to run when in the AUTO mode.

My 337RLS is doing the same thing. In my mind, I was sure something was wrong with the wall mounted control. I read and re-read the manual this morning and don't see a thing indicating that AUTO is not automatic. In fact, I think the manual says to put it in AUTO. After experimenting with it over a couple of hours, it appears to me that the AUTO function just automatically switches the fan among High, Med, or Low depending on how far away the Set temperature is from the actual. I don't think it ever turns the fan off automatically.
    Not a problem really. I just wish the manual said so. Every other thermostat I've seen, the AUTO setting turns the fan on or off automatically.
    Dean and Cindy
    2014 337 RLS
    Firestone Ride - Rite Airbags
    Ford F-250 6.7 Diesel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Dave & Justaguy

I've since read some other threads here that allude to the same issue. In my case, the compressor cuts off but the fan keeps running in AUTO mode.
    In other words, if I am running A/C, the fan is always going to be running - whether I have it set in AUTO, High, Med, or Low. It just doesn't seem right.
    I haven't experimented with the furnace enough to see if it works the same way there.

K
    Last edited by Lingerlonger; 08-23-2014 at 03:56 PM.
    Ken & Wilma
    Central Maryland
    2014 Reflection 337RLS #439
    2011 F250 CC 4x4

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless it changed with the Atwood thermostat, the fan controls on the thermostat are for the A/C only...nothing to do with the furnace fan.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While on the subject of A/C. I have the Atwood Model AC-1361, I believe. The manual says there are TWO filters to be cleaned or replaced.
    I found only one on the unit. Any idea where the other one is?
    Ken & Wilma
    Central Maryland
    2014 Reflection 337RLS #439
    2011 F250 CC 4x4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While on the subject of A/C. I have the Atwood Model AC-1361, I believe. The manual says there are TWO filters to be cleaned or replaced.
    I found only one on the unit. Any idea where the other one is?
    Your lucky, you got a manual. Don
    2014 Reflection 303//2013 Ram 2500 turbo diesel Spring, TEXAS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that the manual and the dealer on the walk should explain the auto setting simply cycles the fan between high and low BUT the air conditioner does NOT totally shut down when the set temp is reached. Better communication would save a lot of frustration, phone calls and fear that a new trailer is not functioning correctly.

pcjunki
    We have a 303RLS with second a/c in bedroom. My understanding on Auto that the fan should come on, followed by the compressor and once the temperature reaches the set point the compressor shuts off and the fan runs for a few minutes and then turns off. This is the way the main a/c has been working since we purchased it. The dealer installed the second a/c and it turns on the fan, then the compressor kicks in and runs until it reaches the set point and it shuts off and then the fan runs forever with the compressor kicking in as needed. The dealer has my unit now to recheck their installation since the fan never shuts off. Should have it back in about a week as they are also fixing some minor problems that we found during our last outing. All I can say is that we purchased our unit from the best dealer that I have ever found and I am confident that they will determine (along with GD) the correct operation of the two units.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now I am confused. Is the AC supposed to completely shut down,including the fan, when the set temp is reached...or NOT? My fan cycles but does not quit running. Previous posts make it sound like this is the way the AC is supposed to work

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I discussed this with the Atwood field technician when I was having some work done on the refrigerator in my 337. When the air conditioning is turned on, the auto button is for automatically controlling the fan speed only. It will cycle between high, medium and low depending on what is needed to cool your fifth wheel. However, it will not shut the fan off when the compressor is not running. After I got used to it, I really like it. When you are in bed, you get a continuous flow of air, even when the compressor is not cycled on.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast