Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AC auto temp?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Re: "When the air conditioning is turned on, the auto button is for automatically controlling the fan speed only. It will cycle between high, medium and low depending on what is needed to cool your fifth wheel. However, it will not shut the fan off when the compressor is not running."

I agree Jim.
    But if I want the fan to run all the time, (and sometimes I do,) I will set it on High, Medium, or Low.
    As it is designed now, there is NO WAY the fan will ever shut off as long as your AC is on. If I am gone for the day, and want to leave the AC
    on, the fan doesn't need to run all the time. Or if I want real peace and quiet, I don't want the fan running all the time - only when it NEEDS to run. If I need the fan to run full time to keep me cool, or to drown out the sound of the compressor switching on/off, I will set the fan on High, Medium, or Low.
    Bad idea. Bad design. Whatever.
    I sort of wonder if I switched around some wires attached to the thermostat, I could get it to work the way all other thermostat AUTO settings work. Nah, I won't try.

And .....by the way. There IS only one cleanable/replaceable filter in my AC unit. Shop foreman at the dealer confirmed this when I showed him in the manual where it said there were two and asked him to find the second one 'cause I couldn't.
    Ken & Wilma
    Central Maryland
    2014 Reflection 337RLS #439
    2011 F250 CC 4x4

pcjunki
    I am confused as well. Mine has Dometic A/C's front and rear. I have asked my dealer to contact GD and determine just how they are supposed to work because my front one will run the fan forever and the rear one does not. I have it in to check the front one and I told them this morning to check with GD and get them both working as specified by GD. I will let you know what the outcome the setup to my A/C's as I want them working identically and within specs.

pcjunki
    I have asked my dealer to check with GD to determine how they are supposed to work and set both of them correctly. I will let you know what the outcome of this as our 303RLS is in right now for some issues one of those was to get the 2nd A/C running correctly.

pcjunki
    I just got off the phone with my dealer after they checked with GD on the proper operation of the A/C's in my Reflection 303RLS. If your unit has the Atwood A/C, they are designed to keep the fan running at all times when they are set to Auto. The Dometic A/C's like in ours, is designed to kick-off after it reaches the temperature when set on Auto. The Atwood will restart the compressor as needed whereas the Dometic's will start the fan, then compressor, go back to fan when the set point is reached and then kick-off until the temperature drops in the unit and it needs to cool again. Now I bet we are all confused.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In modern high efficiency air conditioning that we install, the continuous fan "option" is designed specifically to de-stratify the air in the space, as temperatures between the floor and ceiling can have a 10 degrees and sometimes more temperature differential which causes drafts and discomfort. The second reason is so you may run I.A.Q. (Indoor Air Quality) equipment i.e. high quality filters and air purification equipment which unfortunately R.V.'s don't have. (the foam rock catchers) they call filters don't count. If the manufactures allow users to set the continuous fan speed at the thermostats on a slide switch as our units can to the quietest setting than its a great set up. If the quietest setting is still too loud for some, then more control needs to be given to the end user. Even though the manufacturer has in this case determined that in cooling mode they wish the fan to run continuously, it would have been nice if they had made either dip switch or programming settings allowing the customer to choose the set up.
    Scott & Carol Albuquerque, New Mexico
    2012 Ram 2500 Bagged, Tweaked Hard
    2015 Solitude 379FL
    Onan RV 5500 LP
    50 amp direct wired surge guard
    Go Power 3000 watt Inverter
    F1103110

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone added a second A/C in a 337RLS bedroom? If so,

what BTU size?
    does the bedroom unit connect to the existing duct work in the bedroom ceiling or does the bedroom unit a have seperate ceiling air box control
    How do you like it?
    Is it loud?
    Steve and Bonnie
    Appomattox, VA
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    VIN: 573FR3624E3300391
    2013 Ram 3500 Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I'm all for continuous fan operation. This make me pleased as punch as my previous RV was fan to auto or on and there was only one speed. In auto it cycled with the AC and heat. I always left it on to keep air circulating and to make the sound more of a white noise. If it kicks on and off it wakes me up, it it stays running I sleep like a baby. I have teenage kids and a Labrador that snores like an elephant so there is no such thing as dead silence these days.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I need to go back and look at the flavor of AC I have in my Momentum 380TH. One of the main reasons we got the RV was so that our dogs could have AC when we need to leave them, and I need to understand how they work.
    Ussuri Bruin (and his owners)
    2014 Ram Laramie Mega Cab 3500 DRW
    24K Pull-Rite SuperGlide Hitch
    2015 Momentum 380TH

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ciaran1, I just recently started athread in the Reflection General Discussion titled Adding second a/c in 337rls. It should answer all your questions.
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the AC fan running all the time. It keeps the temp much more even. And it is very quiet. The whole unit is much quieter then the dometic in my old unit. I give the AC a thumbs up .
    Reflection 337
    2012 F-250 26,000 miles
    2015 F-250 46,000 miles

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123