User Tag List

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RC helicopters. Local club doesn't do helicopters so I'm on my own. I can fly in a local park but have to make sure I get there early before the dog walkers. Also have to call the local airport control tower and tell them what I'm doing as I'm within 5 miles of the airport. Had the garage torn apart this summer so didn't get to fly much. Got a refrigerator full of batteries just waiting for me.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    Does using RealFlight G5 count? I'm pretty good at flying the B-17. Another one of those hobbies I'd love to try.
    Howard,

My son in law learned to fly on real flight on one of the models that can also be purchased. Can't remember the brand but I could check. After successfully being able to take off, perform figure 8's and landing consistently, he purchased the electric foam model that he trained on in real flight and was successful on his first flight. Real Flight is a great way to get this done. Typical starter planes have a high wing (cub like) with a fair amount of dihedral and can be three or four channels. One issue is where some folks will buy that Extra-300 and in many cases will be discouraged.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    I haven't flown r/c in quite a while. Still have some kits that I have not built yet. Kept the grass mowed in the back yard pretty short. The guy that got me interested would come over and we would fly for hours. Life got in the way and al my stuff just sits there.
    My dad got his pilots license and built a Kit Fox airplane, he owned a citabria and a 172. I helped with the building of the kit plane and we had lots of hours in flying all three.
    He hung it all up a couple years ago and I never got my license , just not the same flying with out dad. I'm sure if I got it he would ride with me but no time or money.
    Maybe ill get back into the r/c thing , I have all the stuff just waiting.

Brian
    Brian,
    I'm going to do my best to attend the Indiana rally and it would be great if we could bring a plane to fly at a local club there. The new electric foam planes are a great way of getting back into the sport. I would plan to bring an electric foamy which is very convenient to pack in the camper.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys . . . I don’t fly RC, but I think this would be a GREAT addition to the Indiana Rally. I’m pretty sure that you can engage Red @el Rojo in a plan for this . That’s a big fairgrounds. There are open fields and unused roads out past the horse track that might be level enough to make this viable at the Rally.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestCamper View Post
    Howard,

My son in law learned to fly on real flight on one of the models that can also be purchased. Can't remember the brand but I could check. After successfully being able to take off, perform figure 8's and landing consistently, he purchased the electric foam model that he trained on in real flight and was successful on his first flight. Real Flight is a great way to get this done. Typical starter planes have a high wing (cub like) with a fair amount of dihedral and can be three or four channels. One issue is where some folks will buy that Extra-300 and in many cases will be discouraged.
    This is what I'd like to bring!

The DY would have to go, though. EL is obviously the right letters for the tail flash.

Note: Image was captured from a YouTube video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0H-GfuUJDI
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brian,
    I'm going to do my best to attend the Indiana rally and it would be great if we could bring a plane to fly at a local club there. The new electric foam planes are a great way of getting back into the sport. I would plan to bring an electric foamy which is very convenient to pack in the camper.
    There is a lot of room to fly at the Indiana Rally. If someone who fly's wants to organize something I think it would be fun. I would love to join in. Can anyone check to see if we are within 5 miles of an airport?

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe we could get these guys to show up!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0269.jpg  
    Bob and Betty
    Lilly, our Old English Sheepdog
    Penny, our Shitz Tzu/Maltese mix
    New Owners 2019 Imagine 2800BH
    2018 F150 CREW 5.0 V8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get to see guys fly r/c jets like fairly often. Maybe one day I can make it to Indiana. Never been there. I'd really like to see it.
    Bob and Betty
    Lilly, our Old English Sheepdog
    Penny, our Shitz Tzu/Maltese mix
    New Owners 2019 Imagine 2800BH
    2018 F150 CREW 5.0 V8

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Hi guys . . . I don’t fly RC, but I think this would be a GREAT addition to the Indiana Rally. I’m pretty sure that you can engage Red @el Rojo in a plan for this . That’s a big fairgrounds. There are open fields and unused roads out past the horse track that might be level enough to make this viable at the Rally.

Rob
    Rob,
    Depending on the plane, the grass would need to be cut very short to support take off and landing. I will most likely bring a 3d electric that would be hand launched.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brian,
    Well I guess i'm in. Now to get that santa list started for an electric plane.
    This sounds like a lot of fun.

Brian

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast