User Tag List

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    Well I guess i'm in. Now to get that santa list started for an electric plane.
    This sounds like a lot of fun.

Brian
    Brian,
    Nitro Planes has a nice selection of electric foam RTF models to get back in fairly cheap.
    Jim
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice to see so many interested in RC Flying. If you are able to have an event at the Indiana Rally, I would limit it to Electric Park Flyers. Most cities don't have a problem with flying those in city parks and such. Plus they are quiet so no noise complaints. Also, not sure if AMA license is required. I really think it would be fun. Horizon Hobbies has a number of electrics available on line. Have fun.
    Bob and Betty
    Lilly, our Old English Sheepdog
    Penny, our Shitz Tzu/Maltese mix
    New Owners 2019 Imagine 2800BH
    2018 F150 CREW 5.0 V8

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Whenever I see an RC plane I’m reminded of an experience I had as a kid long ago.
    My father was an engineering genius and a pilot who could fly pretty much anything ever built (he retired from NASA). One day he decided to take up flying RC which I never understood since he was constantly flying the real thing. Anyway I watched him build one from scratch using a kit, and of course it looked and worked perfectly, like everything else he ever built. Then I watched the maiden flight which lasted about 10 seconds ending with the RC Piper J-3 Cub splintering into a thousand pieces after impacting a rather large Oak.
    That was the end up that hobby.
    LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would imagine I can get the grass mowed for a runway. Noise won't be a problem at the fair grounds.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen a lot of full size pilots have trouble with learning to fly RC. They are used flying from inside the aircraft, not watching from outside the aircraft. It's not as easy as it looks.
    Bob and Betty
    Lilly, our Old English Sheepdog
    Penny, our Shitz Tzu/Maltese mix
    New Owners 2019 Imagine 2800BH
    2018 F150 CREW 5.0 V8

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favorite Straight and Level is the C-182 but for the most fun you can have with your pants on its aerobatics in the 7GCAA or 8KCAB!

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Red
    Back in Reflection land on top of the hill I think there is a nice paved road inside the fair grounds that could possibly work.

Brian

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would think that either the roads or a close mowed section of the fields to the east of the race track could work.

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails D6FA4025-8EF0-406E-AD3A-7C285A422F41.jpg  
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    Red
    Back in Reflection land on top of the hill I think there is a nice paved road inside the fair grounds that could possibly work.

Brian
    Brian,

Not sure how many rigs will be coming this year, but that would be the next logical area to park additional rigs. I don't want any planes coming close to RV's. There's still another 500 acres or so east of there. Don't know if you explored much but there's a shooting range and a fishing pond east of Reflection Hill too.

Can someone go to B4UFLY (this is a FAA website to tell you if you're within 5 miles of a airport) and put in the Elkhart County fairgrounds address so we know if it's ok to fly there? I'm in S Texas out of my Verizon coverage area so I can't do it. This is a mobile app.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rbrown597 View Post
    I've seen a lot of full size pilots have trouble with learning to fly RC. They are used flying from inside the aircraft, not watching from outside the aircraft. It's not as easy as it looks.
    Yep! As a club instructor this was my experience also. As soon as the plane was flying towards them they would start to roll it inverted. Some Airline pilots were the worst. I always warned them and not to get embarrassed. Some could be cocky thinking they knew how to fly and I wasn’t going to show them anything.

I loved instructing. I would routinely be asked to do the maiden flight for members to get their newly built models trimmed out. Can’t tell you how many times I would find the CG too far aft or a servo reversed when preflighting a newly built model.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast