User Tag List

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestCamper View Post
    The Extra 300 has a 2.5 Hp electric motor ...
    That plane is fun to fly in RealFlight. Whips around like crazy!
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim

Great looking planes. I am still trying to find a foamy , they are all out of stock for a while. I did find this one but not sure yet.
    https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHHBP&P=0
    I have a tower hobbies uproar 40 that I could build and make electric. Just having a hard time deciding, I like the thin body like you have.
    I will probably keep looking.
    Have you ever been to the R/C show in Toledo?

Brian

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was really into RC flying when I lived in Anchorage. There is nothing better than shooting touch-and-go landings with skis on soft powder. Here is a shot of an ARF that I modified to include flaps. When you're in Alaska, you can't help but get caught up in short take-off and landing (STOL) competitions with friends.

I flew with my friend in a parking lot... which included some hazards. It turns out that handicap parking signs cut through aircraft like a hot-knife through butter.

2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    Jim

Great looking planes. I am still trying to find a foamy , they are all out of stock for a while. I did find this one but not sure yet.
    https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHHBP&P=0
    I have a tower hobbies uproar 40 that I could build and make electric. Just having a hard time deciding, I like the thin body like you have.
    I will probably keep looking.
    Have you ever been to the R/C show in Toledo?

Brian
    Brian,
    I suspect the foamy's are selling out for Christmas where they should be plentiful after the new year. The thin body on the foamy will allow for effective knife edge flight. The plane you have pointed out looks nice with those big wheels and the floats and ski's would be fun.
    Yes I have been to the Toledo show several times and its great. I did not make it this past spring where its usually in April.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backtrack2015 View Post
    I was really into RC flying when I lived in Anchorage. There is nothing better than shooting touch-and-go landings with skis on soft powder. Here is a shot of an ARF that I modified to include flaps. When you're in Alaska, you can't help but get caught up in short take-off and landing (STOL) competitions with friends.

I flew with my friend in a parking lot... which included some hazards. It turns out that handicap parking signs cut through aircraft like a hot-knife through butter.

OOPS!!! I did that with a P40 Warhawk OSV-65 four stroke. Didn't notice (actually didn't see!!) how close a portable light stand was. Tore through the wing right at the fuselage. I got it back together pretty nice, as long as you don't look under the monokote. A lot of braces I don't think FAA would approve!!! Nice pictures. Side note...I didn't know Tower Hobbies was operating. Last I saw Horizon Hobbies bought them out, Futaba pulled out. I run Futaba 7C 2.4 ghz. Had trouble getting an antenna. Had to order from England. We had a guy from Anchorage who flew for Denali Air come to our club. He was seeding clouds during our drought. Really into his RC's I believe his name was Bob. Don't know his last name. Really nice guy and a great pilot.
    Bob and Betty
    Lilly, our Old English Sheepdog
    Penny, our Shitz Tzu/Maltese mix
    New Owners 2019 Imagine 2800BH
    2018 F150 CREW 5.0 V8

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    That plane is fun to fly in RealFlight. Whips around like crazy!
    Howard,
    If your flying the Extra 300 in real flight its time to get that foamy, charger, radio, etc. Your ready to go!
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rbrown597 View Post
    OOPS!!! I did that with a P40 Warhawk OSV-65 four stroke. Didn't notice (actually didn't see!!) how close a portable light stand was. Tore through the wing right at the fuselage. I got it back together pretty nice, as long as you don't look under the monokote. A lot of braces I don't think FAA would approve!!! Nice pictures. Side note...I didn't know Tower Hobbies was operating. Last I saw Horizon Hobbies bought them out, Futaba pulled out. I run Futaba 7C 2.4 ghz. Had trouble getting an antenna. Had to order from England. We had a guy from Anchorage who flew for Denali Air come to our club. He was seeding clouds during our drought. Really into his RC's I believe his name was Bob. Don't know his last name. Really nice guy and a great pilot.
    Those photos are pretty old, circa 2006-2009. A friend and I thought it would be fun to try flying. We "flew" about six different airplanes and had all kinds of misadventures before we discovered brushless motors, lipo batteries, and the Real Flight simulator. The simulator saved the day and the motors/batteries gave us enough power to avoid stalls. I used to buy things from Tower Hobbies, Horizon Hobbies, and several others. I think in total I went through about 45 aircraft (mostly planes but a few helicopters too) in a three year period. Some were lost due to mechanical glitches, some to pilot error, and some to simple stupidity. We had two mid-air collisions. The "how-low-can-you-go" inverted flight along the runway competition claimed one or two. We lost one rather spectacularly when my friend got an impulse to see how low he could dive vertically before pulling up. He almost made it. He blames the "Danger Zone" background music I was playing. I ended up with a reliable stable of about 16 planes. I gave away most when we moved to Texas. The remaining 6 or 8 are up in my attic awaiting the passion to come back. The handicap parking sign was not a fatal injury... that was a really good plane actually so I had to repair it.

Unfortunately, I didn't know many other RC pilots in Anchorage. There are many great people there and it seems you can't throw a rock without hitting a bush-pilot in Anchorage. It was a great place to live.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I flew in the 80's but my eyes were bad (still are) and I totaled too many to count. Best effort was I t-boned a power pole. Still have everything, Have no idea if my radio meets current standards either. My last good engine, 60, is about frozen (gummed) was told to soak in fuel to free up. Still have my 60 trainer and a partially built low wing 60 aerobatic one. Lots of tools and parts. Maybe Ill get back into it but no clubs around here that I know of.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    I flew in the 80's but my eyes were bad (still are) and I totaled too many to count. Best effort was I t-boned a power pole. Still have everything, Have no idea if my radio meets current standards either. My last good engine, 60, is about frozen (gummed) was told to soak in fuel to free up. Still have my 60 trainer and a partially built low wing 60 aerobatic one. Lots of tools and parts. Maybe Ill get back into it but no clubs around here that I know of.
    WD-40 will free up that old gunked up fuel. 72 MHz radio's are still in use where you can search on the channel list below. Many are now using 2.4GHz but many still fly with 72 MHz. There was a re-assignment in channels years ago so be sure you are using one of the channels allocated for RC aircraft.

https://www.hooked-on-rc-airplanes.c...equencies.html
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just noticed this thread. I put my RC trailer behind the fifth wheel and hit various RC events. My favorite is the Joe Nall event in SC every May. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9EC02155-254F-443F-B51C-F4A0E429BFAD.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	838.1 KB 
ID:	16877Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9EC02155-254F-443F-B51C-F4A0E429BFAD.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	838.1 KB 
ID:	16877
    Jerry & Jeanine
    2016 Ram 3500 MegaCab Diesel
    2014 Reflection 293RES (sold)
    2020 Reflection 303RLS

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast