User Tag List

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any RC Pilots out there?

Just wondering if there are any RC Pilots/Builders here. Looking to travel to a couple of events next year.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rbrown597 View Post
    Just wondering if there are any RC Pilots/Builders here. Looking to travel to a couple of events next year.
    Does using RealFlight G5 count? I'm pretty good at flying the B-17. Another one of those hobbies I'd love to try.
    Last edited by howson; 11-24-2018 at 04:53 PM.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, the Real Flight G5 counts!! I have a couple of simulators. The Real Flight and the Phoenix. It's a LOT cheaper to learn on a simulator than to spend countless hours building and only seconds in the air "learning". If I may suggest, see if you can find any RC clubs in your area and give em a visit. I'm sure they would LOVE to show you the ropes.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rbrown597 View Post
    I enjoy RC airplanes but have not been too active this year. I plan to get back to the field soon and fly glow on snow ski's. Those that are using real flight can move right into a nice high wing electric plane with immediate success. To fly at any AMA sanctioned club it will be mandatory to join AMA (Academy of Model Aeronautics) to have the insurance. If you do this, any club will be more than happy to let you fly as a guest and will most likely help those that want to learn to fly.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I currently fly several models, all four stroke nitro's. I belong to a small club and have had my AMA membership for about 10 years. My pride is my P47B Thunderbolt (The JUG). Flying it scares me to death!!! I haven't been too active this year either. I hope to get to the Vintage Fly-In at Medford Ore. next year. I need to get back up in the air.

Bob & Betty
    Visalia Central California
    Soon To Be Owner 2019 Imagine 2800BH
    2018 F150 SCREW 5.0 V8

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fly. Try to visit clubs when traveling.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I try. Been trying for over 50 years now. Former Pres/Board member for many years of the local club. Currently a club instructor. I too try to stop by local club fields when traveling.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I flew RC for many years. I was President of our local club for a few years and was an instructor. It’s a great hobby.

I graduated from RC to buying a Cessna 172 which I used to get my Pilot License and instrunent rating in. Then traded that in on a C182RG and joined a club which had a Citabria. I flew Aerobatics in the Citabria. We used the 182RG to travel all over the US, Bahamas and several times in Canada. Most of our friends are pilots we met.

My wife got her Pilots License in our C172. She has logged over 1000 hours as Pilot in Command and I have logged over 3,000 hours.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's really impressive. I joined USN to learn to fly full size, but my eyesight let me down. I was told I was slightly color blind. Something about red/green. I hear that's important in aircraft. LOL. Still was able to serve. Gulf of Tonkin Yacht Club '69/'73.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't flown r/c in quite a while. Still have some kits that I have not built yet. Kept the grass mowed in the back yard pretty short. The guy that got me interested would come over and we would fly for hours. Life got in the way and al my stuff just sits there.
    My dad got his pilots license and built a Kit Fox airplane, he owned a citabria and a 172. I helped with the building of the kit plane and we had lots of hours in flying all three.
    He hung it all up a couple years ago and I never got my license , just not the same flying with out dad. I'm sure if I got it he would ride with me but no time or money.
    Maybe ill get back into the r/c thing , I have all the stuff just waiting.

Brian

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast