User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    Yea I hear ya. That's one reason I mounted mine about 5 feet off the ground.
    Plus I can easily reach the pin hole and turn them off.
    That’s why I didn’t mount the 2 for the curb side yet AND why I used Velcro on the street side. I wanted to make darn sure before I did anything permanent. Anyway, inexpensive solution.

I’ve not taken one apart yet to see if the battery is replaceable, but usually with electronics this cheap it more cost effective to just replace it.

Alan
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Shouldn't ever need to replace the battery, the little solar panel on top keeps them charged up.
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a great mod! There are so many great motion sensor lights out there. We live in a 50s home and the lights installed in the larger closets don’t shed enough light, and some smaller closets have no light. On Amazon, I found battery operated led light bars with magnetic attatchment. Since the bars only light when you open the door, the batteries last for years. Also, installed a hard-wired, motion sensor, led outside the back door that tracks and follows you. It lights the way to the barn for us, where the barn light then picks up our movement. Very handy in deep snow!
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems to me that with a few pieces of strategically placed Dual Lock it would be pretty easy to add, move or remove them as required for the situation. I don't care if they stay on while traveling but I like the idea of putting a few up where you want them when you pitch camp and taking them down when breaking camp. Like DMB. I don't see mounting them very high.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First a disclaimer.... like 99% of people that have their own blog, I'm an Amazon affiliate. Which means if people go to my blog and click on an Amazon link I get a very small commission on that sale. Your price doesn't increase at all though. One of the rules I'm bound to (that I see a lot of folks breaking) is that I'm not allowed to post links to their products in a private forum like ours here. That being said, I still want to share this mod here with my friends. So I copied and pasted my review here and left a link to my blog at the bottom of this post.
    If anyone decides they want to check it out, great, if not, no big deal and I'm not breaking anyone's rules.
    Now, on with the modding!

Sometimes, when we’re out camping in remote places, and there’s no one else around for miles, we get spooked by a noise outside. More than likely it’s just a small animal, not Bigfoot, or even worse, a person up to no good.

So we purchased these solar-powered motion sensor LED lights for the outside of our camper. We got them for “security” but also for curiosity. The next time some varmint (or Bigfoot) comes wandering up to our camper in the middle of the night, they’re going to get a big surprise and we'll be able to see what's lurking around! (without having to run over to the door and hit the awning light switch or running from the bedroom.)

Anything moving within 25 feet of our camper, at pretty much any angle, will set off the motion sensors in these lights. The light stays on as long as there is motion and goes back out 30 seconds after no motion is detected.
    These are bright enough to illuminate the ground around our camper and out about 60 or 70 feet.
    Each one has a small solar panel on top so there’s no batteries to replace and you don’t have to drill holes in your RV to run wires!
    I installed one next to the door, one over each LP storage door and one just under the rear kitchen window. These lights came with screws for mounting them to the walls, but since I didn’t want to put holes in our trailer, I used Gorilla brand 30# double-sided tape. This stuff is made for exterior walls and supposedly 2" of tape holds a pound. So in theory 1" of the tape should hold each of these light pods because they weigh about 8 oz. Well I installed 8" of the tape on each light pod, so I should be fine!
    Tonight was the first time we got to "use" the lights. We were out running errands and came back to our trailer just after sunset. It was so nice how the 2 lights on the passenger side of the trailer just popped on automatically to light our path as we approached. And I actually had enough light to see the key hole! I'm guessing these types of lights probably come standard on the more expensive trailers but now our cheap little Reflection has them.

There's also a hidden on/off switch so you can deactivate them for traveling at night, etc.

HERE is a link to my blog post if you want to check out the lights... And here's some photos:

Attachment 16459 Attachment 16460 Attachment 16461 Attachment 16463

Who has put these lights on? And how is the tape holding up in the cold weather? Scott
    Scott&Shelley Gillis (Pack Members.. Remington,Maggie,Molly,Rayne,Hannah,Cole,Gemma,
    Jayden,Dalton,Gavin,Cody and Yes they all camp with us!)
    2017 Reflection 315RLTS
    2005 2500 8.1l 410 Suburban Cold Air Intake, 8.mm MSD Wires, Cat Back System, Drilled and Sloted Rotors ,all Led Lighting. Hensly Mfg. TruControl brake controler.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Installed solar-powered remote sensor LED lighting

Quote Originally Posted by SGillis View Post
    Who has put these lights on? And how is the tape holding up in the cold weather? Scott
    Read the whole thread buddy.
    Several people have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Read the whole thread buddy.
    Several people have.

I did read the whole thread, but worded my question wrong. This is intented for those who have put them up with velcro. How is the velcro working out for you ? I seen where some of you travel with them on. Have you had any problems with them staying attached ? If you had to do over would you attach them the same way and in the same location? Thanks !Scott
    Scott&Shelley Gillis (Pack Members.. Remington,Maggie,Molly,Rayne,Hannah,Cole,Gemma,
    Jayden,Dalton,Gavin,Cody and Yes they all camp with us!)
    2017 Reflection 315RLTS
    2005 2500 8.1l 410 Suburban Cold Air Intake, 8.mm MSD Wires, Cat Back System, Drilled and Sloted Rotors ,all Led Lighting. Hensly Mfg. TruControl brake controler.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Installed solar-powered remote sensor LED lighting

Gotcha... it’s only been a month, so I doubt anyone is having issues yet.
    I used VHB tape and haven’t had any problems. We’ve camped in below freezing and above 70F temps since the install and it’s actually rained for several hours since we pulled into Quartzite.

I was initially worried about the fact two of the light pods are on the shady side of the trailer all day and never get direct sunlight, but they’re working just fine.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGillis View Post
    I did read the whole thread, but worded my question wrong. This is intented for those who have put them up with velcro. How is the velcro working out for you ? I seen where some of you travel with them on. Have you had any problems with them staying attached ? If you had to do over would you attach them the same way and in the same location? Thanks !Scott
    I’ve not travelled since I installed mine with Velcro. I used industrial Velcro which I have used in other indoor and outdoor applications for years.

After having mine up on the street side for several days, I like the high location I used. We had heavy rain here the other day and I had to dump at night. It was great having light as I walked on that side of the rig, and it gave good light coverage. Since we typically only travel during the day, I see no reason to have to turn them off. We’ll see as things progress.

Alan
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got my set of 4 lights. Going to do temporary mounting till I decide where I like them. Not going to permanent mount. Don't like the idea of these rather inexpensive lights finding a permanent home. Don't have alot of confidence in their longevity. We'll see how far down the road they'll still be available if replacement is necessary. They seem nice for now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast