User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elk Hunting w/Momentum Trailer

Taking '18 354 Momentum on an elk trip to Utah. Anything I should do to prep my trailer for the possible freezing temps? Thanks.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    #1 - Run the furnace when temps are below freezing. That is how you get heat to the underbelly and keep plumbing and storage tanks from freezing. Good luck on your hunt.

Jim

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Utah will be cold this time of year. Unless I'm mistaken your Momentum has both insulation bat and reflective foil in the floor, as well as better insulation than I've got in my ceiling of my Reflection--it held it's own down to 14 degrees F last night. But still, it might get pretty cold there. Therefore, I would recommend you prep the trailer. You're going to need to install some heavier gravity beers in the fridge for one thing. I'd recommend some decent stouts (maybe some porters). Enjoy!

If you haven't used the bubble foil stuff in the windows, I'd consider it. It did wonders for my Reflection.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes a big difference if you are on shore power or boondocking. On shore power don't use too much electricity, as previously stated propane heat adds warmth to the undersides and keeps them from freezing. A skirt helps. Anything to break the wind stripping the heat out from under you. Think about using the internal water tank and pump vs city water. Tanks heated, city water hoses freeze.

You can dump pink RV anti-freeze stuff into the sink, shower, toilet, helps keep the main tanks from freezing.

Mostly, just bring extra propane.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some good whiskey and some wine is a must!

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of propane, foil bubble wrap for the windows, lots of fuel for the generator. I elk hunt in the cold a lot and there are a lot of variables to camping in the cold. Preferably pick a camping spot with a southern exposure to take advantage of solar warmth if you have sunny days. Have synthetic oil in your generator so it will start when you need it. Also have some starting fluid in case it needs some help. Brandy in the pantry in case I stop by for a visit, LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You ever get that elk?
    How was the whole winter experience with your 354?
    I’m just on my way from NB to Orillia ON to pickup my 354.
    It has been prepared from factory with the 4 season weathertek (think that’s what it’s called) and double pained windows. Hopefully these will help while out doing winter activities.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVLife68 View Post
    You ever get that elk?
    How was the whole winter experience with your 354?
    I’m just on my way from NB to Orillia ON to pickup my 354.
    It has been prepared from factory with the 4 season weathertek (think that’s what it’s called) and double pained windows. Hopefully these will help while out doing winter activities.
    I see this is your first post. Please take time to introduce yourself in the "New Members" section. We would like to give you a proper welcome.

Brian

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No elk on this hunt. Too much snow, pushed all the cows off the property. The trailer did awesome! Probably went thru about 10 gallons of propane, but the trailer was kept between 67-71 degrees the whole trip...and it got to -12. I was impressed.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just curious, how long did it take you to go through that tank and a half of propane?
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg