User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just called Roadmaster with the same question and spoke to a Devon in Tech support. He stated this system does not increase the height of the RV... really leaning towards going this route as well for my reflection

Roadmaster, Inc.
    6110 NE 127th Ave.
    Vancouver, WA 98682

Directions

Toll-free: 1-800-669-9690
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2020 Reflection 31MB
    2019 F350 CC SW
    Reese Goosebox

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the roadmaster slipper springs and shocks sitting in my basement waiting to be put on our 310GK. Hopefully will be having these installed in April and will be heading out beginning of May for a wk trip. Will post my thoughts after the install and our 1st trip with the new suspension mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well have had a couple trips now with the new roadmaster suspension system and shocks. While I know it is not the Mor ryde is, I do believe it is a good step up from the suspension system that came on the trailer. 1st there are no more shackles or wet bolts to deal with and there is no more popping ,snapping sounds when backing up. The springs are wider (2") then the lippert (1 3/4") and seem to be a better made spring. Overall I am happy with the suspension upgrade and do believe the trailer rides better and is certainly a more robust setup

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appears you had someone else do the install? Wondering how difficult this would be for a DIY’er?
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I paid to have a local spring/suspension shop install the roadmaster and shocks. They installed the suspension system when I had them upgrade the brakes to Kodiak disk brakes. You can certainly do the install yourself as it did not appear to complicated.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well this DIY'er ended up having to return the Roadmaster kit... complete waste of time and I have to say, Roadmaster offered very little assistance, not impressed. Thank goodness I purchased from etrailer, they made it right and refunded me the full amount along with return shipping charges which wasn't cheap given the weight involved.

So what happened? Before purchasing, I called etrailer and asked them to verify the kit would fit my 31MB. The tech I talked to wasn't 100% positive it would work so he referred me to Roadmaster directly. I placed a call into Roadmaster next and spoke to their tech support who confirmed that as long as the trailer has 3" dexter axles (which it does) the kit would work fine. With that in mind I clicked the buy button at etrailer and a week later I'm out removing the leaf springs and the equalizers. I only did one side at first and boy am I grateful for that. It's hard to explain but the Roadmaster kit has a center box that is supposed to bolt up to the factory leaf spring hangers. In my case, the 31MB leaf spring brackets hang 3" below the frame. The Roadmaster center box should bolt right up but upon inspection, it's predrilled for 2" hangers. Confused, I put a call back into Roadmaster and explained my situation. Their tech said I can "elongate" the existing holes by up to 1/2" which still left me 1/2" short, but I could not safely drill new holes without jeopardizing the integrity of the center box. Only other solution provided was to grind the existing hangers off the frame and weld on new 2" hangers... NOPE, NO THANKS!

Frustrated, I shared that I had called them originally to verify fit BEFORE buying it and was told that they can't possibly make kits that meet every trailer manufacture out there. Considering mines a lippert frame and GD is one of the most popular MFG in the business I found that to be quite ironic....

Anyways, I was pretty disappointed as I was really sold on the upgrade... Thankfully I had all the communications documented and etrailer had a record of my phone calls into support and such so with a little back and forth I received a full refund.

I'm not knocking the product as I still think it would be a great upgrade, simply sharing my experience so others can avoid having the same problem....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2020 Reflection 31MB
    2019 F350 CC SW
    Reese Goosebox

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have the correct track on your 31MB? The roadmaster fit perfectly on our Solitude 310 as the centre hanger lined up with the holes. The thing I have heard is that because the springs are 2" wide instead of1 3/4" that the spring hangers either have to be replaced or bent open to take the wider spring. On our 310 the hangers were actually wide enough to take the wider spring set

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Springs fit fine in the hangers, it was the length of the hanger below the Frame that created the mismatch... If Roadmaster had a compatible center bracket I'd probably buy it again as I believe in the product!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2020 Reflection 31MB
    2019 F350 CC SW
    Reese Goosebox

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So quick update for everyone, it appears Roadmaster updated their center bracket to accommodate longer hangers. I talked to Bennie in Roadmasters Tech support who confirmed the elongated hole on the bracket now accommodates up to 6" of drop off the frame. My 31MB is ~4".... Looks like I'll be re-ordering again come spring and giving this system another shot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2020 Reflection 31MB
    2019 F350 CC SW
    Reese Goosebox

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Add shocks. You’ll be just as happy and save $7,000.00

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast