Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C88B3433-9688-476A-90A6-AF5AF3194A41.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	31983Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3CFC7268-4DDF-47FE-A022-51A816983668.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	31984I just did a major refit on my Momentum 351m. New 8000# Dexter axels. 8000# comfort ride slipper springs and shocks, disco brakes, oil bath hubs so while I was at it I upgraded the wheels and tires to 17.5” with Sailun 16 ply h range 235/75 17.5. The date codes are 4120 never had tires that new of any make. $168 a piece and free shipping. I monitor them with a TST temp/pressure monitor. I had a Thor fifth wheel years back that had exploding d range tires from the factory. Everytime one exploded it took fenders, plumbing etc. with it. I replaced the Orem tires the e range tires on the road so was limited to what the tire shop had. The next summer the same thing happened to the e range tires when it was 115 degrees in Bakersfield, Ca. I never weighed that trailer but suspect it weighed more than the sticker said. All tires were aired up properly I think cheap tires, heat and weight combined did them in. It was a bunkhouse model so no toys in the garage and not a lot packed in the trailer. Needless to say I’m gun shy with tires. My current 351m is a toyhauler and I haul a Rzr in the garage. It doesn’t have much CCC and loaded with water the springs didn’t have much arch left in the. I dont haul the water very far but the Rzr goes on long rides and with everything for boondocking the weight adds up. I plan to weigh each tire and use the Sailun chart to set the tire pressures. The Sailun tires are built super strong and thick. The tire shop was not happy with me as the tire machine they had wouldn’t work to mount the tires, they had to do it by hand. I haven’t heard any horror stories about the g range Westlake tires and I haven’t had any issues in 2 years having them but the construction of the Sailun tires is night and day better than the Westlakes so is the weight. The Sailun is all steel construction and not just the tread the sidewalks are steel also. They are listed as a commercial truck tire for all positions or for trailer applications.
    2019 Momentum 351m. 1200 watts solar, Victron Inverter/charger, Battery monitor, 150/100 solar charge controller, 3 170 ah Renogy LIPO batteries. 2017 Ram 3500 SRW SB wireless 1 airbags. Reese Gooseball, B&W turnover ball.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's your impression of any differences from the Roadmaster Comfort Ride slipper springs and shocks? Can you notice it being any smoother or more compliant?
    Quote Originally Posted by RSteele View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C88B3433-9688-476A-90A6-AF5AF3194A41.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	31983Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3CFC7268-4DDF-47FE-A022-51A816983668.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	31984I just did a major refit on my Momentum 351m. New 8000# Dexter axels. 8000# comfort ride slipper springs and shocks, disco brakes, oil bath hubs so while I was at it I upgraded the wheels and tires to 17.5” with Sailun 16 ply h range 235/75 17.5. The date codes are 4120 never had tires that new of any make. $168 a piece and free shipping. I monitor them with a TST temp/pressure monitor. I had a Thor fifth wheel years back that had exploding d range tires from the factory. Everytime one exploded it took fenders, plumbing etc. with it. I replaced the Orem tires the e range tires on the road so was limited to what the tire shop had. The next summer the same thing happened to the e range tires when it was 115 degrees in Bakersfield, Ca. I never weighed that trailer but suspect it weighed more than the sticker said. All tires were aired up properly I think cheap tires, heat and weight combined did them in. It was a bunkhouse model so no toys in the garage and not a lot packed in the trailer. Needless to say I’m gun shy with tires. My current 351m is a toyhauler and I haul a Rzr in the garage. It doesn’t have much CCC and loaded with water the springs didn’t have much arch left in the. I dont haul the water very far but the Rzr goes on long rides and with everything for boondocking the weight adds up. I plan to weigh each tire and use the Sailun chart to set the tire pressures. The Sailun tires are built super strong and thick. The tire shop was not happy with me as the tire machine they had wouldn’t work to mount the tires, they had to do it by hand. I haven’t heard any horror stories about the g range Westlake tires and I haven’t had any issues in 2 years having them but the construction of the Sailun tires is night and day better than the Westlakes so is the weight. The Sailun is all steel construction and not just the tread the sidewalks are steel also. They are listed as a commercial truck tire for all positions or for trailer applications.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadtrip31MB View Post
    So quick update for everyone, it appears Roadmaster updated their center bracket to accommodate longer hangers. I talked to Bennie in Roadmasters Tech support who confirmed the elongated hole on the bracket now accommodates up to 6" of drop off the frame. My 31MB is ~4".... Looks like I'll be re-ordering again come spring and giving this system another shot.
    Did you ever get the Roadmaster unit to work? If so, how is it working.

Tim
    Tim
    2020 Reflection 320MKS, Sidewinder Hitch
    2003 2500HD Silverado Duramax, Sumo springs, Hawk Brake Pads

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy Tim View Post
    Did you ever get the Roadmaster unit to work? If so, how is it working.

Tim
    I did, installed it about a month ago, Took me about 6-7 hours total. As others have mentioned the hardest part was drilling the frame but if you take your time and have sharp drill bits its not bad. Everything else bolted right up. My first impressions have been very positive. No more cushions strewn about, much less bouncing around in the mirrors and no more ungodly noises when backing up on a slope/angle. Trailer pulls a lot smoother in my opinion. That said, I only have 300 miles with the new suspension so time will tell. We have a 3000 mile trip planned for the summer so that will be the real test. As of now, happy with the purchase and would recommend

Edit - Forgot to add, you will need longer Ubolts so plan for that ahead of time. Believe I needed 7 1/4 long. 4 total - 2 for each side... I made the mistake of ordering a two pack and got delayed waiting on the other
    Last edited by Roadtrip31MB; 04-29-2021 at 02:51 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2020 Reflection 31MB
    2019 F350 CC SW
    Reese Goosebox

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What cross member/ Xbrace is that attached to the slipper box? I was thinking of doing something similar. Did you xbrace the front and rear hangers as well or just center?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2020 Reflection 31MB
    2019 F350 CC SW
    Reese Goosebox

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadtrip31MB View Post
    I did, installed it about a month ago, Took me about 6-7 hours total. As others have mentioned the hardest part was drilling the frame but if you take your time and have sharp drill bits its not bad. Everything else bolted right up. My first impressions have been very positive. No more cushions strewn about, much less bouncing around in the mirrors and no more ungodly noises when backing up on a slope/angle. Trailer pulls a lot smoother in my opinion. That said, I only have 300 miles with the new suspension so time will tell. We have a 3000 mile trip planned for the summer so that will be the real test. As of now, happy with the purchase and would recommend

Edit - Forgot to add, you will need longer Ubolts so plan for that ahead of time. Believe I needed 7 1/4 long. 4 total - 2 for each side... I made the mistake of ordering a two pack and got delayed waiting on the other
    Attempting to revive an older thread here. Did you take your 3k mile trip? Regardless I'm assuming you put miles on your rig and would love to hear how you feel it's doing.

We have 2 big trips planned this summer and I'd like to upgrade from the stock "suspension" that's on our 2910BH. As usual I find myself waffling. I originally was looking at LCI's Road Armor but not sure I want to throw them my coin. I shifted over to SRE4000 but I'm heavily leaning towards this slipper spring setup. As much as I like our rig it's not worth the $$$ for IS. I like the idea of not needing to eventually be concerned with the integrity of the rubber in the SRE. We have 4400lb axles so part of me is concerned it may stiffen up the ride too much since Roadmaster's lowest starts at 5200lb. Another part of me (and the winning one at the moment) thinks the springs will do better than the stock ones which I already feel are flattening with only 4k miles under their belt.

If anyone has thoughts I'm all ears. Thanks!
    Pete
    2021 Imagine 2910 BH (Beauty)
    2019 F350 SRW Diesel Crew Cab (Beast)
    Previous TV was 2020 F150 3.5L. Still rocking the ProPride hitch..

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simply said, buy it and don't look back, it's awesome! Its hard to put into words the improvements but between the goosebox and the roadmaster set up, we forget the trailer is back there, huge improvement in towing experience. The biggest improvement has been in the camper itself. Previous, it wasn't uncommon to arrive at a destination and find SOMETHING broken inside or strewn about. No longer the case which validates for me that the Roadmaster is doing its job and transferring less energy to the trailer itself. Time will tell but after 5k miles, very happy with the purchase
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2020 Reflection 31MB
    2019 F350 CC SW
    Reese Goosebox

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this is an older thread, but I'm wondering if everyone who installed the Roadmaster slipper springs also installed the shock kit. I'm thinking of doing this, but question the shock absorbers, and the resultant additional $1,200.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I installed both. The shock kit shouldn't be an additional $1200. I think you might be looking at the complete kit but post the link to confirm. I paid about $1k I think in 2021 from etrailer.com (for double axles)

Pretty sure this is the one I purchased
    https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Lea...2470-2580.html
    Last edited by Roadtrip31MB; 02-24-2022 at 11:22 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2020 Reflection 31MB
    2019 F350 CC SW
    Reese Goosebox

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, you're correct, I don't know how I got the amounts messed up. But it's something I'm definitely looking into.

Thanks for pointing that out.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast