User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info! I ended up pulling the trigger and ordering from etrailer. They seemed good to work with. I found the product cheaper elsewhere and they happily honored their price match promise. Good call on purchasing when you did because price certainly jumped quite a bit!

Did you end up installing cross bracing between any of your hangers? If so, I'd be curious if you went with MorRyde's braces or something else?
    I'm also temped to install the slipper box with some 3/8" grade 5 bolts vs the self tapping ones they ship with. I'm sure those work fine but having a bolt with a nut on the end gives me a bit more peace of mind.

Now to twiddle thumbs until the snow melts so I can get to work installing....

PS, really love the 31MB.
    Pete
    2021 Imagine 2910 BH (Beauty)
    2019 F350 SRW Diesel Crew Cab (Beast)
    Previous TV was 2020 F150 3.5L. Still rocking the ProPride hitch..

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We put roadmaster system on our 377 Solitude last winter. I did the install myself and it was not horrible at all. I have done worse projects on the rig for sure. I also went with the 8000 lb kit even though I only have 7000 lb axles. My rig never towed even side to side with the factory 7000 lb springs. Street side was always lower. I pulled the trailer close to 10k miles last year and it was a huge difference from stock. You will not regret the upgrade.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by callagp7552 View Post
    Thanks for the info! I ended up pulling the trigger and ordering from etrailer. They seemed good to work with. I found the product cheaper elsewhere and they happily honored their price match promise. Good call on purchasing when you did because price certainly jumped quite a bit!

Did you end up installing cross bracing between any of your hangers? If so, I'd be curious if you went with MorRyde's braces or something else?
    I'm also temped to install the slipper box with some 3/8" grade 5 bolts vs the self tapping ones they ship with. I'm sure those work fine but having a bolt with a nut on the end gives me a bit more peace of mind.

Now to twiddle thumbs until the snow melts so I can get to work installing....

PS, really love the 31MB.
    I would be interested if the MorRyde's "X" braces can be used with the Roadmaster slipper spring setup. I was thinking about installing the Roadmaster slipper with shocks and a "X" brace on the center hanger.
    Tim
    2020 Reflection 320MKS, Sidewinder Hitch
    2003 2500HD Silverado Duramax, Sumo springs, Hawk Brake Pads

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tyates007 View Post
    We put roadmaster system on our 377 Solitude last winter. I did the install myself and it was not horrible at all. I have done worse projects on the rig for sure. I also went with the 8000 lb kit even though I only have 7000 lb axles. My rig never towed even side to side with the factory 7000 lb springs. Street side was always lower. I pulled the trailer close to 10k miles last year and it was a huge difference from stock. You will not regret the upgrade.
    How did you use the 8,000 lb. kit? I thought they were used with 3 1/2" axles which the 8,000 lb. are, but the 7,000 lb. axles are only 3". I thought about doing that but the axle size seemed to be the problem, and I didn't know how to go about solving that.

TIA for any information.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    How did you use the 8,000 lb. kit? I thought they were used with 3 1/2" axles which the 8,000 lb. are, but the 7,000 lb. axles are only 3". I thought about doing that but the axle size seemed to be the problem, and I didn't know how to go about solving that.

TIA for any information.
    They make a kit for 3” axles. You can find it here https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer_Lea...2460-2580.html
    Tom, Jodi and the Girls
    2014 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW (Our Little Truck)
    2000 Kenworth T2000
    2018 Solitude 377MBS

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for that, I had only seen the 8,000 lb. kits for 3 1/2" axles. That looks like just the ticket.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pete,

Did you get your Slipper Springs installed? I have the same trailer (imaginatively named Imma Jean) and was going to DIY it but second guessed after realizing our hangers were 1/4" too narrow.

Our BH slider door broke off during our last trip when the bunjee cord plastic retainer snapped.

Michael

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Michael,
    Not yet. It was tempting to pull it out of storage this past weekend when about the last of the snow melted but we got another 2-4" last night and more in the forecast for Thursday. So it will probably be April before I get it out and work on installing. I swear I measured the existing leaf spring width at 1-3/4" but I don't remember exactly where I measured the spring at. The springs don't narrow do they? Our storage facility is by appt only so might be a bit before I can get out there but I'll update once I can check.

That sucks about the door! The veneer on our door chipped on the bottom corner. My guess is from rubbing on the plastic guide. I plan on installing some felt before it chews it worse. Need to put some clearcoat or something over that corner in hopes it doesn't peel any further. Buy a camper they said...
    Pete

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pete,

Our leaf springs also measure like yours but I thought the RM system used 2" springs? One installation video showed the tech hammering out the sides of the hanger to make the 2" fit. Perhaps the 2560 uses narrower springs?

Michael

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went off the specs on etrailer's website that list the springs at 1-3/4" wide. I think I saw some etrailer video where the center hanger was just a little too tight to fit the spacer but in that case a few smacks with a hammer persuaded it. My order showed up last week so I'll measure the springs when I get home to confirm.

I'm also now going down the rabbit hole of whether or not I want to weld in the reinforcement brackets on the front and rear hangers. I feel reasonably confident the extra bolts on the slipper spring box will help with the center so I'm not really concerned with that one.
    Last edited by callagp7552; 03-08-2022 at 06:10 AM.
    Pete

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast