User Tag List

Thread: vents - 2970rl

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vents - 2970rl

Can anyone tell me are all the vents on the 2970rl wired for a fan. I would think the bathroom and bedroom are but not sure about the one in the kitchen area. Going to purchase a couple fantastic fans and not sure how many?

Thanks
    Dave

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bedroom vent is wired for a ac. There is a 120 volt junction box attached to the framing. I installed a 12 volt fan in my BR by dropping the bathroom fan down and fishing a piece of zip cord over to the motion light in the hall way to get 12 volts to the BR. It is a very easy mod because once you drop the Bathroom fan you have easy access. I also installed a light over the sink to give more light at the bathroom sink.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If GDRV runs wiring for an AC, they usually run 12V wiring for a remote thermostat. The other end of the 12V wire is usually taped to the wires at the bedroom light switch. I don’t know for sure if this is the case on 2970rl . . . but, easy to check.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no 12 volt in the vent opening of 2970. Been there, done that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokensalem View Post
    The bedroom vent is wired for a ac. There is a 120 volt junction box attached to the framing. I installed a 12 volt fan in my BR by dropping the bathroom fan down and fishing a piece of zip cord over to the motion light in the hall way to get 12 volts to the BR. It is a very easy mod because once you drop the Bathroom fan you have easy access. I also installed a light over the sink to give more light at the bathroom sink.
    I know this post is quite old, but I have a 2019 303RLS that came with only a vent over the BR. I am going to install another MaxAir fan. Just for the record, the 120V junction box was not screwed to anything, but was stuffed back among the insulation. In addition the junction box lid was broke. Very shoddy workmanship. They should have been a wiring schematic in with the paperwork when we picked up the unit, but alas....don't have one of those either.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unit88 View Post
    I know this post is quite old, but I have a 2019 303RLS that came with only a vent over the BR. I am going to install another MaxAir fan. Just for the record, the 120V junction box was not screwed to anything, but was stuffed back among the insulation. In addition the junction box lid was broke. Very shoddy workmanship. They should have been a wiring schematic in with the paperwork when we picked up the unit, but alas....don't have one of those either.
    Are you kidding??? That would make way too much sense. Also it would cost them an extra $0.05 to do.