User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This the problem I had, We had terrible smell when we used water in bathroom found out it was water line running to the washer. We don’t have a washer,I believe the water in line gone stagnant create a strong odor.

So what I have done is eliminate the water line by cap them off.
    Darwin & Linda
    Southern, Idaho
    2014 Ram 3500 SRW Diesel
    2016 Solitude 300GK

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darlin View Post
    This the problem I had, We had terrible smell when we used water in bathroom found out it was water line running to the washer. We don’t have a washer,I believe the water in line gone stagnant create a strong odor.

So what I have done is eliminate the water line by cap them off.
    Are you sure that it is coming from the drain and not out of the shower head? By putting the stream into a shower of droplets, the water has a much larger surface area and potential to transfer the odor to the air. We did two related things that greatly ameliorated the problem. We don't know whether one would have fixed it or not.

1. We sanitized the whole water system according to the manual.
    2. We started using the washing machine, which caused that water in that long line to be (and remain) fresh.

We did both of these as we finished our 4 month boondocking stint in Quartzsite and got back to water and sewer hookups, so we could use a lot of water. The smell problem is now gone; we'll see if it comes back this winter. We'll sanitize again just before we go back onto the desert.

Good luck!
    Al and Kathe
    House: Bass Harbor, Maine
    Home: Wherever we're parked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Highlighted states are those we have camped in for at least one night in our Solitude.
    2018 Solitude 310GK 110463 (Rhett) / 2018 F350 CC DRW 4x4 Lariat (Scarlett)
    Follow us: http://lobstersontheloose.com

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCRICHRI View Post
    ..... They also asked if I had 2 pipes for vents stacks or 1. I think I have 2 . One is black on the roof and another has a white cap in the same area.
    On our Solitude (see picture), the small round black roof vent is for all of the tanks. The slightly larger round white roof vent is for the "attic" (to allow it to breath) and is not tied into any tank.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190714_135705.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	21512

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you think it might actually be the water itself? Not the drain. I do drink it every day and never smell or tastes anything wrong. The Rv does have washer and dryer hook ups which I have never used. Could I just hook up a hose to the washer and dry values and let some water run out. Into a bucket or another drain? From the looks of it, thanks to information provided by Cochris the black and gray front tanks share a vent. So maybe if could also be a aav on the black tank as grand design had previously mentioned too?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also were getting an odor from the tank, more so as it got closer to full. Then noticed slight dripping out the bottom of the 303. We dropped the coroplast to find the sealer that GD used around the entry of the tank was weeping. At the same time we are replacing the hard to move gray valve (if we get a day without rain we can complete the job) Hoping to have it done and tested in the next day or 2
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Al, we also had the same issue occur in our 310GK while we were in Arizona last year in September & quite warm. If you look at the picture CoChris provided, I too went on the roof & popped the cap off the small round black vent. The vent pipe is a PVC pipe that protrudes through the insulation in the attic & vents just below the cap which keeps water & foreign objects out of the pipe, but leaves just enough clearance for the pipe to vent. I noticed the area around the pipe protruding through the insulation was not completely sealed & would otherwise allow air and/or odors to re-enter the attic area. I surmised that the odors were re-entering the attic area & re-entering the coach via the air conditioning ducts somewhere. My "exigent" solution was to take a plastic kitchen garbage bag & roll it into a type of airtight gasket that I forced around the vent pipe in order to prevent air and/or odor to flow back into the attic. I replaced the cap & to surprisingly, this solved the odor problem. Good luck!

2017 Ford F350 DRW 6.7L Custom Ordered
    2018 GD Solitude 310GK
    40,900+Miles
    "Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself." -Potter Stewart

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One last thing, I still have my "kitchen garbage bag fix" in place & have not had the same odor problem occur since. My "spitballing" seems to have worked so far.

2017 Ford F350 DRW 6.7L Custom Ordered
    2018 GD Solitude 310GK
    40,900+Miles
    "Censorship reflects society's lack of confidence in itself." -Potter Stewart

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all so much!
    That was it. Stagnant water in washer water lines. I would have never found this without your help and this site. You have saved me many hours of useless labor.

Now I’m not sure on what to do prevent. Maybe use the low point drains when storing? I could cap the lines as mentioned ,but not sure how to access them. Can I get to them from the storage compartments?

Quote Originally Posted by acadiaforever View Post
    Are you sure that it is coming from the drain and not out of the shower head? By putting the stream into a shower of droplets, the water has a much larger surface area and potential to transfer the odor to the air. We did two related things that greatly ameliorated the problem. We don't know whether one would have fixed it or not.

1. We sanitized the whole water system according to the manual.
    2. We started using the washing machine, which caused that water in that long line to be (and remain) fresh.

We did both of these as we finished our 4 month boondocking stint in Quartzsite and got back to water and sewer hookups, so we could use a lot of water. The smell problem is now gone; we'll see if it comes back this winter. We'll sanitize again just before we go back onto the desert.

Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same or similar issue in my brand new 310 GK. Odor only happens when water is running down the bathroom sink or shower drain. Ceases as soon as water stops running. I've checked and traps are retaining water, replaced the wet vent, and checked the rig is level. All piping seems secure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Day,
    Is it when the hot water is running? It may be your hot water tank, especially if you have an Suburban steel tank and are using a magnesium anode rod rather than an aluminum rod. The solution is simple, let me know, I have had this issue many times.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast