Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Marks on floor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marks on floor

Marks on floor
    On the "living room slide" side there are two distinctive dark marks where the slide rests on the floor when extending and retracting. Checking revealed two black plastic pads that look like guides of some sort to balance the slide when retracting on the underside of the slide attached to the plywood sub floor.

My dealer suggests replacing the floor. Being that the floor is first down on the assembly line that sounds extreme to me and I know I will always see minor errors of that repair.

My question would be is that correct about the pad, and is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Dave
    Dave & and; Jody
    2014 Solitude 369RL #918
    2012 Chevy 2500 Duramax SRW

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D Hardison View Post
    Marks on floor
    On the "living room slide" side there are two distinctive dark marks where the slide rests on the floor when extending and retracting. Checking revealed two black plastic pads that look like guides of some sort to balance the slide when retracting on the underside of the slide attached to the plywood sub floor.

My dealer suggests replacing the floor. Being that the floor is first down on the assembly line that sounds extreme to me and I know I will always see minor errors of that repair.

My question would be is that correct about the pad, and is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Dave
    Dave,
    You might want to check with GD about slide adjustment.
    Mark & Midge
    Callie our grandaughter
    Cooper our Golden
    303rls #235
    2004 Dodge Cummins Dually
    Lawrence, KS
    Mark-Retired
    Midge-HSUS State Director

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dave - those things that look like pads should be black rollers. Depending on the slide, there should be 3 or 4 of them attached to the bottom of the slide (as well as additional ones attached to the outer floor area). At times the rollers can fail, especially if the slide is skewed at an angle putting pressure on the roller/shaft improperly. My guess would be that one or more of your rollers have frozen and is skidding on the floor covering instead of rolling. Hopefully your dealer can adjust the slide and if necessary, replace the roller assembly(ies).

Your concern about the floor covering is something I always have concerns about also. Best of luck to you on this issue.
    2018 GD Reflections 337RLS, 2021 Ram 3500 Cummins 4x4 CC w/auto level dually, TrailAir pinbox, B&W Companion hitch, Fold-A-Cover Tonneau

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D Hardison View Post
    Marks on floor

Dave
    Hi Dave (@D Hardison),

The living room slide on the 369RL does not use rollers. The "black ski's" on the end of the floor should not be leaving "witness marks" on the flooring. It appears your slide may need to be adjusted to provide adequate clearance. The black marks should able to be removed from the floor surface.

Best regards,
    ~ Janice
    Mailing & shipping address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 13868 CR 4, Bristol IN 46507
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

- Phones: Grand Design RV Corporate at (574) 825-8000 or Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Fax: (574) 825-9249
    - Email: [email protected]

- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GrandDesignRv
    - Twitter: https://twitter.com/granddesignrv
    - Google+: https://plus.google.com/113479014558069639097
    - LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grand-design-rv-llc
    - Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/granddesignrv
    - YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHa...PuUd3J3NHNyXVQ

For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name, and phone number.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My error on the black rollers vs ski's on the 369RL I'm glad to learn something today .... I hate missing a day. Thank you Janice for the information. Once again - you're the best !

Have a wonderful day.
    2018 GD Reflections 337RLS, 2021 Ram 3500 Cummins 4x4 CC w/auto level dually, TrailAir pinbox, B&W Companion hitch, Fold-A-Cover Tonneau