User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    46 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredVagabond View Post
    GD contacted Jim at DICOR Corp. the distributor of the rubber roof used for many of the GD products. (I'm not sure what they are using now.) Jim called me and stated this was a known problem for a small batch of rubber roofs. The outer decorative membrane did not adhere correctly, and a breakdown in the cement used caused some separation. According to Jim after testing, they have found bubbling or blistering in no way compromises the roof, its cosmetic.

DICOR offered me a warranty adjustment of $4,700 from Carlyle for labor, new roof material, and the installation kit. This is prorated if your roof is less than five years old, older roofs are offered less.

While it may still cost me several hundred dollars to have installed, I did get almost five years of use out of it, so I am happy with the settlement.

I read in the DICOR Roof warranty that you must be an original owner.

What can I say, while GD wasn't responsible for the problem here, they did step up and help me find a resolution like so many times over the last five years. While I have had numerous issues with components of my Reflection, Customer Support has always been great. Thanks, Peter, Emily, and CS at GD!
    Gary great to hear! Hope you get out camping again soon!

Have a great week!

~Emily

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went on my roof today and saw something that could be the same problem, here's a picture.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191005_115350.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	22964
    Wally

See my Mods in the VR/RV section of my web site:
    http://wally.x10host.com/

2014 Reflection 323 BHS.
    F250 XLT V10 6.8l

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ​Wally have you contacted GD customer service yet? I would reccomend it and send them the pictures and see what they say, Not sure if it is the start of the same thing or something different.

Looking at your picture there is a spot off to the right about a quarter way down that kind of looks like the membrane got scraped. If it did you might have no recourse
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12