Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have any of you ever ordered a mattress from www.mattressinsider.com? I read an article about them in Trailer Life a few months back, and they seem to offer a pretty good mattress and warranty.

Site Sponsor Long Island Happy Camper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just replaced my 70X80 mattress with a Denver Mattress RV Supreme Euro top 72X80. Fit perfectly into place even though 2 inches wider. Slept on it for the past two weeks while camping. Love, love, love it. Very comfortable. Best mattress yet I have slept on in my 5 RV's I have owned. Ordered it from my RV dealer and had it delivered straight to my house. Comes shrink wrapped in a box. Didn't open it until I had old mattress out. Once I pulled on plastic it opened quickly right into place.

http://denvermattresshospitality.com...V%20Mattresses
    Jeff - Long Island - New York
    2014 Grand Design Momentum 385TH #5
    2011 Ford F-350 6.7 Duallie Golden Bronze Metallic
    Reese 20K Select Hitch
    TST flow through tire pressure monitor
    Firestone Ride Rite Air-Bags

LanikaiGirl
    We also have a topper on ours. We added on top of that a cuddle bed gel topper mattress pad as well. Makes for a pretty comfy bed!

NHSeasonal
    It seems you have to ask for a quote for this mattress? Just curious as to what $$ ball park it is in. We are considering a 379FL which aint cheep, not too pleased to hear of others feeling a need for a new mattress right away....

Quote Originally Posted by Long Island Happy Camper View Post
    I just replaced my 70X80 mattress with a Denver Mattress RV Supreme Euro top 72X80. Fit perfectly into place even though 2 inches wider. Slept on it for the past two weeks while camping. Love, love, love it. Very comfortable. Best mattress yet I have slept on in my 5 RV's I have owned. Ordered it from my RV dealer and had it delivered straight to my house. Comes shrink wrapped in a box. Didn't open it until I had old mattress out. Once I pulled on plastic it opened quickly right into place.

http://denvermattresshospitality.com...V%20Mattresses

WishUponanRVStar!
    We have finally thrown in the towel and ordered a new mattress after 4 months in our Solitude. We use MattressInsider.com, their 8" luxury cool max gel foam mattress2. We had it in our Cougar and really liked it but it was a queen so we couldn't swap it over in the transition to the Solitude. Sure wish there was an option to NOT take the stock mattress in these rigs. 4 months and the mattress is shot? That's pretty bad. We're working hard, so its a necessity to have a good nights' sleep :-).

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We slept on our factory mattress for 98 nights now, and enough is enough, even with a topper. We purchased a Sealy Optimum memory foam mattress with a cooling layer. Two nights on it, and my back ache was gone. They are not cheap, but the stock mattress GD puts in them is very uncomfortable. If I was a new buyer, and negotiating the sale with my dealer, I'd wait until the deal was almost done, then insist on a $300-$400 credit for the factory mattress so you can purchase something you're comfortable with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to everyone who replied to the mattress issue. I wish we would have thought to ask for a credit (order RV without the mattress). We finally ordered a sleep number RV Premier mattress. We put it together and it fit. However, it does touch the inside wall of the slide but the mattress slides easily when we pull it down to make the bed. Oh Yes, it does feel quite comfortable--although we haven't went anywhere yet to try it out yet. We have a 100 days to try it out from when it was delivered to us. Of course we have laid on it for awhile but the real test is an all night-er and an all week-er or so. ~Al & Laurie
    Al & Laurie -- Brainerd, MN
    2010 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.4 Diesel
    2015 Grand Design -- Solitude 305RE #2506

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12