User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Fridge-Fix

RetArmyMSG

Fridge-Fix

The October issue of trailer life has an article about the "fridge-fix" which is a device with 3 fans to circulate the air in the fridge and has blue LED lights. It seems like an easy install and I was thinking about getting one. Has anyone installed one of these and if so is it worth the $$$? The website mentioned in the article is www.smartrvproducts.com
    Thanks

Capen's Cottage
    Hi Scott and Lora,
    We haven't had any problems with the cooling fins icing up. We had that problem in a dometic fridge but nothing so far (18 months of full time living) We do however use one of those little battery operated fans that are sold in camping world and other places. They simply help circulate the air in the fridge unit which may be of help in keeping the cooling fins from icing up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We don't have any of these add on fans in our Norcold 12cuft fridge. Ours freeze up only if we keep it too cold in the fridge. I have an electronic thermometer on the outside of the fridge with the sensor placed in the fins next to the Norcold sensor to monitor the temperature of the fins. Although I will be looking into the those fans because I have noticed the fridge temp not as cool at the bottom of the fridge but haven't measured it yet. Something for me to do when I head South for the winter.

Thanks for the tips on these fridge fans

Aaron
    Aaron & Donna
    2014 Solitude 369RLS #1067
    2010 Dodge RAM 3500 SLT Mega-Cab 4x4 SRW 6.7L Cummins Diesel
    AMP Power Step Running Boards, Bed Step, & Bed Step2; Garmin RV760 GPS & EEZRV TPMS; Truck Covers USA Roll Cover
    Firestone Rear Air Suspension System, on-board compressor with 5 Gallon tank and Air port; Hijacker 16K Ultra Slider 5th Wheel Hitch, Dee Zee Truck Tailgate Assist; DU-HA Humpstor Truck Bed Storage Box; Voyager Rear Back Up Camera System
    YAKUPS® Vertical Kayak Rack and Custom Lippert 2" Receiver; Sailun S637ST tires; WeBoost Cell Phone Booster.