User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    WishUponanRVStar!

Norcold 1210 problem

I have to take back my post from a couple of weeks ago that we've had no problem with our refrigerator. Yesterday started noticing a decline in cooling, with ice cream really soft. We defrosted the freezer and put only two trays for ice cubes in there. This morning refrigerator portion is reading at 41 degrees, fin temp at 42 degrees...not cold enough for safety. Luckily I have a fridge at my disposal to move stuff over to, but was hoping someone might have a few ideas of what to look at. Our serial number is not in the recall range. We went from keeping it at level 4 so we wouldn't freeze the fruit and eggs to barely cold enough at level 9. No difference using either electric or LP. Would be grateful for any suggestions. We are really out in the boonies of Wyoming.

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could be a vapor lock in the tubing.

Try turning the refer off for a couple hours (if possible using the other refer)

Let everything settle down, then restart.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our fridge was not cooling because it was not installed in accordance with the Norcold installation instructions so maybe its the same with yours although, I would have expected that to occur from the beginning. Pull off the upper exhaust port on the outside of your trailer and compare the installation with the specifications on pages 12 & 13 in the Norcold installation manual. Art01764 (NOT Art 01787) is the correct image for the fridge installation in the slide-out. Pay particular attention to the exploded view which shows baffle #26 to end within 1/4" from the bottom corner of the condenser baffle to allow the heat to dissipate in order for the fridge to cool properly. Specifically check the baffle #26 and #13 which were missing in my trailer.

If your fridge is installed correctly, then check to see if the 2 electrical fans are running to help dissipate the heat. If the fans are not running, it could be because the thermister (a heat switch) failed or the inline fuse blew (if there is one) that controls the fans to ensure it dispels the heat out the exhaust vent.

Even just removing the upper exhaust panel will help to increase the air ventilation which may help the fridge cool a bit better. If necessary, you can use an external fan to blow through the bottom exhaust port to gel dispel the heat to cool the fridge until you get it repaired.

I would call Grand Design and or Norcold as necessary. If its in warranty or its installed incorrectly, call Grand Design as they are a great company to deal with and I am sure they will correct any manufacturing defect.

Let me know if that helps or if you dot understand what I wrote. I tried to be clear as possible.
    Aaron & Donna
    2014 Solitude 369RLS #1067
    2010 Dodge RAM 3500 SLT Mega-Cab 4x4 SRW 6.7L Cummins Diesel
    AMP Power Step Running Boards, Bed Step, & Bed Step2; Garmin RV760 GPS & EEZRV TPMS; Truck Covers USA Roll Cover
    Firestone Rear Air Suspension System, on-board compressor with 5 Gallon tank and Air port; Hijacker 16K Ultra Slider 5th Wheel Hitch, Dee Zee Truck Tailgate Assist; DU-HA Humpstor Truck Bed Storage Box; Voyager Rear Back Up Camera System
    YAKUPSŪ Vertical Kayak Rack and Custom Lippert 2" Receiver; Sailun S637ST tires; WeBoost Cell Phone Booster.

WishUponanRVStar!
    Update: we tried turning it off for 24 hours and then turned it back on. Fin temp still got no colder than 35-40 degree range. Called a mobile tech in who did some tests, and replaced the thermistor...he is a Norcold authorized repar so he has to follow the steps required. We turned it back on, it looked like it was going to work, got the fin temp down to 28 degrees and then it headed back up again. We'll be calling him in the morning to get the warranty process started. Thank goodness our employer has a fridge we can use or we'd really be back to the days of living out of coolers :-(.