Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by macroman View Post
    Hi Andy:

Because I had factory Dexter equalizers on my 21BHE, upgrading to the Dexter E-Z flex kept the wheels at the same height (overall trailer height stayed the same). That being said, there is lots of room for a 15" wheel on a 21BHE. Dare I say even a 16" wheel. One thing I found odd about the 21BHE was how high it seems to be perched on its axles. I would love to be able to lower it about 3" to help with the aerodynamics. I am not an engineer so I am not sure why this trailer sits so high. I have not entertained the thought of switching to 15" wheels because my tires/wheels are new but when the time comes to replace I will look to replace with the largest wheel size I can safely fit. Larger wheels would definitely help to smooth out the ride. When I looked at suspension, I checked out the Mo-Ryde and Lippert. I did not go with them because they actually increased the distance between the top of the tire and the trailer underside. The 21BHE was already sitting quite high so the Mo-Ryde and Lippert lost out as an option for my trailer. I hope this helps.
    Awesome, that helps a lot. Defiantly want to do the
    Dexter K71-653-00 and maybe after that upgrade to a larger wheel. Did dexter provide you with the data regarding the geometry and potential lift with using that equalizer? Thanks!

Andy

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andy, the equalizer that came as factory equipment on my 21BHE was the Dexter part # 13-122. I called Dexter to determine which E-Z Flex part number I would require. They recommended the K71-653-00 Kit as a direct replacement. They also indicated that it would not change any geometry because it was replacing their factory part #13-122. This was a big bonus for me. They did indicate there could be a geometry change if it was replacing say a Lippert rigid equalizer. I would call Dexter Technical Services. They are very helpful and will walk you through parts selection and be able to answer all your questions. There are several E-Z Flex kits and you need to make sure you get the proper one for your trailer which is based on axle spacing. Also, take a picture of the axle label and the part number on the equalizer so you have this info handy. It helps them out. Good luck.

Marco
    "Every Day Is A Good Day"

Marco
    Guelph, Ontario, Canada
    2019 Imagine XLS 21 BHE
    2017 Nissan NV3500 Van 5.6L V8 and decked out to tow.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Andy:

Because I had factory Dexter equalizers on my 21BHE, upgrading to the Dexter E-Z flex kept the wheels at the same height (overall trailer height stayed the same). That being said, there is lots of room for a 15" wheel on a 21BHE. Dare I say even a 16" wheel. One thing I found odd about the 21BHE was how high it seems to be perched on its axles. I would love to be able to lower it about 3" to help with the aerodynamics. I am not an engineer so I am not sure why this trailer sits so high. I have not entertained the thought of switching to 15" wheels because my tires/wheels are new but when the time comes to replace I will look to replace with the largest wheel size I can safely fit. Larger wheels would definitely help to smooth out the ride. When I looked at suspension, I checked out the Mo-Ryde and Lippert. I did not go with them because they actually increased the distance between the top of the tire and the trailer underside. The 21BHE was already sitting quite high so the Mo-Ryde and Lippert lost out as an option for my trailer. I hope this helps.
    Andy, the equalizer that came as factory equipment on my 21BHE was the Dexter part # 13-122. I called Dexter to determine which E-Z Flex part number I would require. They recommended the K71-653-00 Kit as a direct replacement. They also indicated that it would not change any geometry because it was replacing their factory part #13-122. This was a big bonus for me. They did indicate there could be a geometry change if it was replacing say a Lippert rigid equalizer. I would call Dexter Technical Services. They are very helpful and will walk you through parts selection and be able to answer all your questions. There are several E-Z Flex kits and you need to make sure you get the proper one for your trailer which is based on axle spacing. Also, take a picture of the axle label and the part number on the equalizer so you have this info handy. It helps them out. Good luck.

Marco
    Marco,

Thanks that helps a lot! I’m sure they will have some good tire size recommendations as well. You rock, that’s all awesome info.

Andy

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Macro
    I’ll be having K71-653-00 installed early June on our XLS 22MLE. I have gone back & forth between MORryde CRE300 & Dexter. I found that MORryde would only work if I had the top part of the equalizer bracket trimmed, see photo. Not going to do that. Called Dexter and verified some measurements and number stamped on equalizer to make sure it will fit. I’m also installing GY Endurance tires, same size. I’ll follow up at a later date with impressions of the Dexter EZ-Flex.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	615B266C-22FC-44B7-814B-AFA61FE7E052.jpeg 
Views:	35 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	26333
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger1 View Post
    Macro
    I’ll be having K71-653-00 installed early June on our XLS 22MLE. I have gone back & forth between MORryde CRE300 & Dexter. I found that MORryde would only work if I had the top part of the equalizer bracket trimmed, see photo. Not going to do that. Called Dexter and verified some measurements and number stamped on equalizer to make sure it will fit. I’m also installing GY Endurance tires, same size. I’ll follow up at a later date with impressions of the Dexter EZ-Flex.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	615B266C-22FC-44B7-814B-AFA61FE7E052.jpeg 
Views:	35 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	26333
    Wondering what your thoughts are. I get my 23bhe this week and went ahead and purchased the Dexter and the LCI Road Armor to see if I could make that work with longer shackles. The Dexter is rated for a heavier axle load 8k so I thought it might ride a bit too stiff for our 7k GVWR

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deadlee View Post
    Wondering what your thoughts are. I get my 23bhe this week and went ahead and purchased the Dexter and the LCI Road Armor to see if I could make that work with longer shackles. The Dexter is rated for a heavier axle load 8k so I thought it might ride a bit too stiff for our 7k GVWR
    I’m not familiar with the LCI Road Armor. My 22mle has two 3500 lb axles like your new 23bhe will have since they both have 6995 GVWR. The EZ Flex kit that I got is rated up to 8k like you noted and so far I like it. I can’t compare it to others since I haven’t used them but time will tell as far as durability goes.

Maybe you can contact GD CS about what you want to do. I’ve had good luck asking questions and found that if they don’t know the answer they will find out and get back.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Macro I also have a 2019 XLS 21 BHE and I am wondering what size axles you have on your tt. My trailer came with 2500# axles for some odd reason and I just wanted to make sure you have the Same before I order the same product as you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123