User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leveling slide outs

On our 2018 310GK, the kitchen slide slopes to the outside. The gaps at the bottom of the interior trim are about 3/8 inch and the top is tight. I removed a piece of trim from the rear wall on the slide that was holding the slide from going all the way out and I adjusted the hydraulic ram to get a better push on the slide out. It is better, but I think more adjustment is still needed. The counter should be level, the stove top and whole slide slope to the outside. Would adjusting the vertical bolts on the outside of the slide remedy this?
    2023 GMC 3500HD CCLB DRW Duramax L5P, Banks Derringer/Idash/CAI 60 gallon fuel transfer tank
    2018 Solitude 310GK with Kodiak disc brakes 4000 lb Dexter springs, frame stiffeners
    RETIRED Maint Supervisor, Certified Welder, ASE Master Tech, Owner tire shop

2018 Reflection 327
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi
    If you do a search for RV slide-out adjustment you will find a few documents that may help you out even if they are not specific to your system. I found a couple for LCI systems last night.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuffsaid View Post
    On our 2018 310GK, the kitchen slide slopes to the outside. The gaps at the bottom of the interior trim are about 3/8 inch and the top is tight. I removed a piece of trim from the rear wall on the slide that was holding the slide from going all the way out and I adjusted the hydraulic ram to get a better push on the slide out. It is better, but I think more adjustment is still needed. The counter should be level, the stove top and whole slide slope to the outside. Would adjusting the vertical bolts on the outside of the slide remedy this?
    Have you seen Lippert's Master Owner's Manual yet? If not, check it out: https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...e_27July17.pdf

It may (or may not) be helpful to your question.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found the lippert installation manual for the through the frame hydraulic slide out that the Solitude uses. I re-adjusted my slide and got it as good as it can be made. It is still a whole bubble off with a torpedo level from inside to outside. The gaps on the inside and outside are now pretty good. Much better than how they were delivered. I would still like to know how level other people's slide out are. https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...CD_0001612.pdf
    2023 GMC 3500HD CCLB DRW Duramax L5P, Banks Derringer/Idash/CAI 60 gallon fuel transfer tank
    2018 Solitude 310GK with Kodiak disc brakes 4000 lb Dexter springs, frame stiffeners
    RETIRED Maint Supervisor, Certified Welder, ASE Master Tech, Owner tire shop

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuffsaid View Post
    I found the lippert installation manual for the through the frame hydraulic slide out that the Solitude uses. I re-adjusted my slide and got it as good as it can be made. It is still a whole bubble off with a torpedo level from inside to outside. The gaps on the inside and outside are now pretty good. Much better than how they were delivered. I would still like to know how level other people's slide out are. https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...CD_0001612.pdf
    Our Solitude is putting roller marks on the dining room floor. I think the tilt needs to be adjusted just a bit. Is the the correct instructions? KEN

Setting Slide Room Height - Electric and Hydraulic
    1. Measure from the top of the outer slide-out arm to the bottom of the slide room as close to the main
    I-beam as possible (Fig. 5A).
    2. Measure from the top of the inner slide-out arm to the bottom of the slide room as close to the
    slide-out heads as possible (Fig. 5B).
    3. Loosen the carriage bolt (Fig. 5C) on the bracket at the end of the rail using a 3/4" socket or wrench.
    4. Loosen 3/4" jam nut (Fig. 5D) on the vertical adjustment bolt (Fig. 5E) using a 3/4" wrench.
    5. Turn vertical adjustment bolt (Fig. 5E) up or down to position the room height using a 3/4" socket or
    wrench so that the measurement from step 2 (Fig. 5B) is equal to or ¼" more than the measurement
    from step 1 (Fig. 5A).
    6. Repeat steps 1-5 for the opposite side of the slide-out room.
    7. Once room height is positioned, tighten the carriage bolts (Fig. 5C) and the jam nut (Fig. 5D)
    on both sides of the slide-out room.
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    Our Solitude is putting roller marks on the dining room floor. I think the tilt needs to be adjusted just a bit. Is the the correct instructions? KEN

Setting Slide Room Height - Electric and Hydraulic
    1. Measure from the top of the outer slide-out arm to the bottom of the slide room as close to the main
    I-beam as possible (Fig. 5A).
    2. Measure from the top of the inner slide-out arm to the bottom of the slide room as close to the
    slide-out heads as possible (Fig. 5B).
    3. Loosen the carriage bolt (Fig. 5C) on the bracket at the end of the rail using a 3/4" socket or wrench.
    4. Loosen 3/4" jam nut (Fig. 5D) on the vertical adjustment bolt (Fig. 5E) using a 3/4" wrench.
    5. Turn vertical adjustment bolt (Fig. 5E) up or down to position the room height using a 3/4" socket or
    wrench so that the measurement from step 2 (Fig. 5B) is equal to or ¼" more than the measurement
    from step 1 (Fig. 5A).
    6. Repeat steps 1-5 for the opposite side of the slide-out room.
    7. Once room height is positioned, tighten the carriage bolts (Fig. 5C) and the jam nut (Fig. 5D)
    on both sides of the slide-out room.
    Ken
    I am getting marks on the floor also. I haven't tried adjusting anything yet but I need to. I appreciate your input as well as the other posters. I don't have any input but I plan to monitor this thread so I can try to fix my issue. My street side is fine. Looks like same on yours.
    Rich
    Rich And Janet (no dog or cats, 8 grandkids but not with us all at once)
    Onalaska, WA
    2011 F350, 4X4, B&W hitch
    2016 Solitude 300GK

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this is an older thread but I want to adjust my slide (curbside dinning/living). Ken or anyone else out there did it work for you? Thanks for any info/update.
    Rich
    Onalaska, WA
    2016 Solitude 300GK

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich T View Post
    I know this is an older thread but I want to adjust my slide (curbside dinning/living). Ken or anyone else out there did it work for you? Thanks for any info/update.
    Rich
    Rich
    I have not had a chance to try to do the adjustment. We were at the Oregon Coast since the day after Christmas. Much of the time it was doing the horizontal rain thing. We are home now and if it doesn't snow here in the valley this weekend, maybe I'll give it a try.
    I've looked at what I need to do. I just need to mark the bolts with "0" adjustment and then I think I'm going to loosen / lower the bolt a half turn and see what happens. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    Rich
    I have not had a chance to try to do the adjustment. We were at the Oregon Coast since the day after Christmas. Much of the time it was doing the horizontal rain thing. We are home now and if it doesn't snow here in the valley this weekend, maybe I'll give it a try.
    I've looked at what I need to do. I just need to mark the bolts with "0" adjustment and then I think I'm going to loosen / lower the bolt a half turn and see what happens. KEN

Ken
    Thanks for the reply. It's doing the same thing up here and we have snow also. I'm planning to work on mine when it warms up. If you don't mind please let me know how things go when you do the adjustment and any tips, dos and don'ts etc. We are planning a trip in March and I want to adjust the slide, R&R my pin box as well as some other minor stuff before we go. Good luck with your project.
    Rich
    Onalaska, WA
    2016 Solitude 300GK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was looking on the LCI site and found their installation manual with instructions on how to adjust slide out. https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...pg-81-1291.pdf . This is for a through frame, double rail, power gear system which is what I have on my 2015 27RL - Curbside slide. I checked my slide and it was off by 1/2 inch on rear rail. Forward rail at spec. Adjusted according to LCI specs and slide was level and improved slide in / out performance. I attribute change to age / use of system. Rig is 5 years old with over 30,000 miles on it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast