User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Always Learning View Post
    I couldn't find my leak until I got the gas detector and even with the detector I had to put the sensor right on the threads of the tank since it was a very small leak. If you just can’t find the leak and you smell it up by the regulator replace the regulator. Sometimes the regulators will have leaks that are hard to find.
    Got my leak detector this morning, thanks for that suggestion, yup shows the main regulator is leaking, left side, the one both tanks feed into. So now the question, do i replace the regulator with the same kind that has started leaking after one year? Or do I try to find another kind/brand that maybe better quality?

Amazon has the original Fairview regulator for 51.99. There some negative reviews on Amazon concerning multiple failures.
    Last edited by Steven@147; 08-06-2020 at 10:47 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    Got my leak detector this morning, thanks for that suggestion, yup shows the main regulator is leaking, left side, the one both tanks feed into. So now the question, do i replace the regulator with the same kind that has started leaking after one year? Or do I try to find another kind/brand that maybe better quality?

Amazon has the original Fairview regulator for 51.99.
    Good to hear the detector worked and you found your leak. Now you have a detector for your next leak. No suggestions on replacment regulators. If you go with a different brand you just need to make sure the mounting bracket will work on your trailer.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Always Learning View Post
    Good to hear the detector worked and you found your leak. Now you have a detector for your next leak. No suggestions on replacment regulators. If you go with a different brand you just need to make sure the mounting bracket will work on your trailer.
    yeah well I have something I can use to check for leaks on the rubber line down the side of the RV to the manifold where the stove and heater connect once in awhile.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve got a leak on the street side of our 20 337. Replaced the tank and within a few minutes I could smell propane strongly. Hose is leaking at the crimp behind the bottle connector. I’m thinking about replacing the hoses with new ones from my local propane company. If I replace the hoses at the tanks and splitter should that resolve any future issues with leaks? It’s under warranty but replacing one hose that is already leaking with one just like it seems like a giant waste of time and propane.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RVingwithJessandChris View Post
    I’ve got a leak on the street side of our 20 337. Replaced the tank and within a few minutes I could smell propane strongly. Hose is leaking at the crimp behind the bottle connector. I’m thinking about replacing the hoses with new ones from my local propane company. If I replace the hoses at the tanks and splitter should that resolve any future issues with leaks? It’s under warranty but replacing one hose that is already leaking with one just like it seems like a giant waste of time and propane.
    I think the only issue that would resolve is the one you are having now. Who knows what can happen to the propane lines in a week or a year from now to cause another leak as it bounces down the road.. We replaced the lines with the same lines from GD 2 years ago because one side stopped working.. Can't recall which side tho. But all is good for the past 2 years.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12