User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toes in the water View Post
    Dan - yes, one of the more impressive detailed mods. I have seen......well done !

In the picture with the second spare on the rack, it appears as though the left side tail/turn/brake light is blocked or ?

Dan
    The angle of the picture makes it look like it is blocked. It is close, but the light is not blocked.

LOL, shameless plug for Shaeffer's RV down in PA. Actually bought my rig from huntr70!!

DAN

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1370.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	16713

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoElkhounds View Post
    Yeah, I wouldn't trust just the receiver hitch. I have been behind people that have heavily loaded up the center receiver and the loads sway quite a bit, putting a lot of torque on the receiver. Guaranteed to eventually fail. Provided you have a solid, flat surface to mount onto the frame, what I did should work perfectly to haul your bike. It is rock solid.

DAN
    I saw a guy pulling into a KOA that had a generator on a hitch-connected tray on the back of his 5th wheel. It was tilted and bouncing and coming within about 1" of the ground. "I know, I know" as I approached to let him know. "I added that a week ago and it's already coming apart". It doesn't take long.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw a guy once with a washer and dryer on one of those hitch mounted trays going down the highway at 65 mph. The thing was bouncing all over the place. I got as far away from him as I could. People can be so dumb at times.

DAN

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL, shameless plug for Shaeffer's RV down in PA. Actually bought my rig from huntr70!!

DAN
    Steve will really take good care of you now !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The angle of the picture makes it look like it is blocked. It is close, but the light is not blocked.

DAN

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1370.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	16713
    Really nice job Dan. I have two Honda 2000"s also, been thinking about something like this.

Which trailer do you have? Maybe could add that info to your signature.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2016 323BHS. Put in my signature below, guess I am official now, LOL!!!

If you do decide to do this, you need to be careful on what box you get. Most of the truck boxes are around 22" deep, which is not wide enough. I found my box at K&W and it is 24" wide. You can't go any smaller than this and still have room for the plug and parallel cables.

DAN
    2016 Reflection 323BHS
    2006 5.9L Ram Megacab

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dan
    Thanks for the pictures and description. I would like to caution you though on the brackets that the hitch is bolted to on the frame, on mine there is 2 or 3 small welds that attaches the bracket to the frame.
    You might want to watch these so there are no welds that will break.
    This is a great mod, I think I will be using your idea and possibly make it so I can slide the unit under the camper when not needed.

Brian

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the heads up. I will take a look, but as I recall it is a complete tubular weld. Never hurts to inspect these things regardless, welds can and do break.

DAN
    2016 Reflection 323BHS
    2006 5.9L Ram Megacab

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I have always liked the fact that you can run 2 small Honda’s in parallel yet each one individually is very portable. We have a single Honda EU2200 and if we ever needed more power (we never do since we have solar) we could just pick up another. Since yours are semi-permanently mounted in that box, I’m wondering if you considered using a single Honda 3000 watt generator instead? Seems like it would be quieter and use less fuel.
    Another member JohnDeerFarmer did this setup, less the LP mod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    I have always liked the fact that you can run 2 small Honda’s in parallel yet each one individually is very portable. We have a single Honda EU2200 and if we ever needed more power (we never do since we have solar) we could just pick up another. Since yours are semi-permanently mounted in that box, I’m wondering if you considered using a single Honda 3000 watt generator instead? Seems like it would be quieter and use less fuel.
    Another member JohnDeerFarmer did this setup, less the LP mod.
    I already had the generators, been lugging them around for years, that is part of the reason I decided to mount them. Most of the time I only run one generator, rotating between the two. The only time I need to run the two is when I want to run the AC, or possibly make coffee in the morning when the batteries are charging. If I was starting from scratch I might get the larger Honda, but man, I am not sure how I would get it into the compartment!! It weighs like 160lbs as I recall, would need a hoist of some sort.

DAN
    2016 Reflection 323BHS
    2006 5.9L Ram Megacab

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast