User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys, thanks for all of your help. I tested my generator with the 12' propane hose off the grill port and loaded it with the main A/C. Electrically, everything worked as promised and I'm very happy with the setup.

I'm still concerned about only using only the 2" receiver. I've modified an aluminum cargo carrier to eliminate the cheesy plastic corners and have constructed a cover that I remove when using the generator. My 3000 watt generator in a cargo carrier, weighs about 120#, well below the rated limit of 300#. The GD receiver is cantilevered off a 2" square tube and is welded to the frame. GD did a nice job of welding the square tube with a cap welded to the frame. A lot of steel is holding the structure, yet I still worry. I can have side supports welded on and add a second 2“ square tube too reinforce the receiver. I hate to do it if it isn’t necessary.

A long story, so here is my question. Does anyone have firsthand knowledge of a Grand Design receiver actually failing? I’d be interested in getting some of the details and more information.
    Bill & Marsha
    2020 Reflection 320 MKS
    2018 2500HD Silverado 4x4
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by almo88320 View Post
    very clean job indeed, just 2 qs: how much length did this add? and, are they inverter type generators so you can couple their output without running into phase inversion issues (are you using 110 or 220 VAC output)?
    Sorry for the delay in response, I have not logged on for a couple months. I assume your question regarding length is referring to the propane hoses? I do not recall exactly, but I did measure the distance and Hutch Mountain made the hoses to custom length. Yes, these are inverter can be paralleled, they automatically synch, no issues ever. Voltage is 110VAC, 30 Amp service.

DAN
    2016 Reflection 323BHS
    2006 5.9L Ram Megacab

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoElkhounds View Post
    Sorry for the delay in response, I have not logged on for a couple months. I assume your question regarding length is referring to the propane hoses? I do not recall exactly, but I did measure the distance and Hutch Mountain made the hoses to custom length. Yes, these are inverter can be paralleled, they automatically synch, no issues ever. Voltage is 110VAC, 30 Amp service.

DAN
    Actually, Dan, was referring to the length overall added by the box in the rear. The project would be moot for my Reflection 230RL, as the GD rep I spoke with said that the max weight the frame will support is 150#; they may have cut corners on the frame for that model to keep weight down, looks like I will be content with a small portable rather than a custom enclosure for dry camping!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like ideas ,but moved spare tire to under trailer midway between axles and hitch to offset weigh, thinking 2 - 2000 generators, 6 gallon aux. Tank ,think of tool box lockable, good idea, vented with small computer fans to run when generator runs ..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234