User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Al~and~Dave

Alison and Dave are new 379FL owners

Hi all,

We'd like to introduce ourselves to the forum.

We are the proud new owners of the front living room floorplan. We had planned to hold off purchasing until next year until our dealer, Vermont Country Campers, made it worth our while. It is such a beautiful rig. My only complaint, and it is a huge design flaw, is the awning. What on earth do you do with the door when it is open?

We have scheduled our maiden voyage for the weekend of the 8th to Maine, leaving the teens and pets behind. This is the first step to selling our sticks and bricks.

My preferred method of communication is Facebook, especially now that I have a smartphone.
    For those who may be interested, there is a new dedicated group page for Grand Design RV Owners:

www.facebook.com/groups/
    Per our community policy, please do not mention the other forum. If you would like to understand why, please read this discussion: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/showthread.php/23897-Announcement-about-our-name-change?p=237174&viewfull=1#post237174

At the moment it is open to the public, should the need arise, it can be closed for invite only.
    Hope to meet others online.

Alison and David
    Georgia, VT
    2015 Solitude 379FL
    2013 GMC 3500HD Duramax Crew Cab

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum, Hope your maiden voyage will be awesome
    Lostincanada and Jahna
    AKA Derek and Tatjana plus our pups Shadow and Nani
    2012 Ram 2500
    2015 Reflection 337
    Hailing from Southern Ontario Canada

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome! Enjoy the new Solitude.

mandolin57
    Welcome Alison and David!
    Sounds like you're going FT soon......is that correct?? We're kind of like you for purchase. We were waiting until fall or early next year, but instead ordered about a month ago to arrive in September sometime. We'd like to go FT in 2016......(I personally am ready to go now!) We're also selling our S&B. Hope you enjoy yours...and keep us posted on Maine. That's definitely on our list too! Take care!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum Al and Dave and congratulations on your new Solitude!

Steve

DennisK
    Welcome! You will love your new Solitude. This is a great forum to exchange information.

NHSeasonal
    That's interesting, Mickelsons across the street used to carry Grand Design, but did not have a FL in June when my wife and I stopped by. Drove right past VT Country Campers, didn't think they carried GD.. Going to be making a road trip though soon. Have been really interested in getting inside a FL.

Quote Originally Posted by Al~and~Dave View Post
    Hi all,

We'd like to introduce ourselves to the forum.

We are the proud new owners of the front living room floorplan. We had planned to hold off purchasing until next year until our dealer, Vermont Country Campers, made it worth our while. It is such a beautiful rig. My only complaint, and it is a huge design flaw, is the awning. What on earth do you do with the door when it is open?

We have scheduled our maiden voyage for the weekend of the 8th to Maine, leaving the teens and pets behind. This is the first step to selling our sticks and bricks.

My preferred method of communication is Facebook, especially now that I have a smartphone.
    For those who may be interested, there is a new dedicated group page for Grand Design RV Owners:

www.facebook.com/groups/
    Per our community policy, please do not mention the other forum. If you would like to understand why, please read this discussion: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/showthread.php/23897-Announcement-about-our-name-change?p=237174&viewfull=1#post237174

At the moment it is open to the public, should the need arise, it can be closed for invite only.
    Hope to meet others online.

Alison and David
    Georgia, VT
    2015 Solitude 379FL
    2013 GMC 3500HD Duramax Crew Cab

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hiya Alison and David and welcome to the forums!
    Grats on the Solitude
    and thanks for the link to the FB page.
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome David & Alison!

Congratulations on your new Solitude! Hope you enjoy many years of happy camping. May your voyage be safe and uneventful.
    Kamper
    Johnny & Mary
    Henderson, NC 4 Now
    2014 Solitude 369RL
    2015 Silverado 3500HD Crew Cab High Country
    24K Pullrite ISR 5th Wheel Hitch with Super Rails

:cool:

Al~and~Dave
    NHSeasonal

We happened to stop by VCC today and had a nice conversation with Layne. They are now the Grand Design dealership in the area. They currently have a 379FL and 369RL in stock. We spent a great 3 days in Wells, ME and love our Beautiful Beast. We highly recommend this floorplan. It has a spacious living room with comfortable seating for 8 adults. It is open and airy, yet has a separate kitchen which allows for a little privacy.

We prefer the Solitude as it has theater seating for 2 facing the 50" LED television; table/chairs have a separate slide surrounded by windows allowing a clear path to the rear; and we love the 48" shower.

Go check it out. Tell Doug Duke we sent you.
    Last edited by Al~and~Dave; 08-11-2014 at 10:36 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast