Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Springs replacement and upgrade to MorRyde equalizer

By way of an update, Jason from GD sent us four upgraded spring replacements (6K 3000# springs) for our Reflection under warranty and they will cover the installation costs. I assume the new springs are still made in China but hopefully by upgrading to a bit heavier spring it will handle the weight better and last longer. The brand on the springs says HemCo. According to Jason the part number 702096 cross references to Lippert's 122111. We'll save the spring we bought and installed back in October as a backup. Also sending pics to Jason to verify grease on the brakes to get new back plates and seals replaced under warranty and we'll probably have that work done at the same time.

While we're at it we're thinking about upgrading the Equa Flex (one side is showing scarring) to the MorRyde CRE-3000. Those of you who have the knowledge and experience, is the device more shock absorbing thereby providing a smoother ride? If we're going to make the upgrade it just seems it would be cost effective to pay for that upgrade while it's in the shop. What do you think?

Phyllis & Dennis

P.S. By the way Dennis is recovering pretty well from his cancer surgery! Thanks to all who wished him well!

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Phyllis - I have had both the EquaFlex and the MORryde 3000 equalizers over the last few years. I think it would be hard to tell if there was a difference in ride without doing some precise measurements with the proper equipment. I certainly can't tell just by driving.

However, I see two benefits to the CRE3000 over the Lippert version.

1. You mentioned "scarring on the side of the EquaFlex". I had the same thing on mine and attribute it to the design of the equalizer. MORryde over comes this by having a stand off on the side that is about 1/4" to 3/8" wider than the body of the equalizer. So far, I'm not having any scaring on my CRE3000 units.

2. The rubber components in the EquaFlex are hidden inside the housing. You can't tell if they are worn without disassembly. On the CRE3000, you can look at the equalizer and get an instant observation of it's condition. The owner's manual has a diagram on what to look for.

That's great news on Dennis' recovery.

Jim

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dennysbabe View Post
    By way of an update, Jason from GD sent us four upgraded spring replacements (6K 3000# springs) for our Reflection under warranty and they will cover the installation costs. I assume the new springs are still made in China but hopefully by upgrading to a bit heavier spring it will handle the weight better and last longer. The brand on the springs says HemCo. According to Jason the part number 702096 cross references to Lippert's 122111. We'll save the spring we bought and installed back in October as a backup. Also sending pics to Jason to verify grease on the brakes to get new back plates and seals replaced under warranty and we'll probably have that work done at the same time.

Phyllis & Dennis

P.S. By the way Dennis is recovering pretty well from his cancer surgery! Thanks to all who wished him well!
    Phyllis -

Good to hear about GDRV stepping up on the springs/etc. No surprise just excellent to hear the outstanding service continues.
    Maybe I forgot or missed Dennis dealing with cancer......glad to hear recovering well from surgery !

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a 5 year cancer survivor myself, am sending prayers your way for a complete and long lasting recovery.

Glad GD took care of you with 4 new springs.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minnow101 View Post
    As a 5 year cancer survivor myself, am sending prayers your way for a complete and long lasting recovery.

Glad GD took care of you with 4 new springs.
    I've almost hit the two year mark.

Great news on Dennis!!

Jim
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a little over 2yrs in. Go Dennis!

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toes in the water View Post
    Phyllis -

Good to hear about GDRV stepping up on the springs/etc. No surprise just excellent to hear the outstanding service continues.
    Maybe I forgot or missed Dennis dealing with cancer......glad to hear recovering well from surgery !

Dan
    Thanks Dan!

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Phyllis - I have had both the EquaFlex and the MORryde 3000 equalizers over the last few years. I think it would be hard to tell if there was a difference in ride without doing some precise measurements with the proper equipment. I certainly can't tell just by driving.

However, I see two benefits to the CRE3000 over the Lippert version.

1. You mentioned "scarring on the side of the EquaFlex". I had the same thing on mine and attribute it to the design of the equalizer. MORryde over comes this by having a stand off on the side that is about 1/4" to 3/8" wider than the body of the equalizer. So far, I'm not having any scaring on my CRE3000 units.

2. The rubber components in the EquaFlex are hidden inside the housing. You can't tell if they are worn without disassembly. On the CRE3000, you can look at the equalizer and get an instant observation of it's condition. The owner's manual has a diagram on what to look for.

That's great news on Dennis' recovery.

Jim
    Thanks Jim! I found the CRE3000 on Amazon for $129. Is there anything else we need to buy to go along with it?

Phyllis

Seasoned Camper
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appreciate hearing all the great news about cancer survival from all of you! So many others I know besides Dennis are fighting the battle right now so success stories are really encouraging! Thanks for all your prayers and best wishes!

Phyllis

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dennysbabe View Post
    Thanks Jim! I found the CRE3000 on Amazon for $129. Is there anything else we need to buy to go along with it?

Phyllis
    Phyllis. I'd certainly replace the bushings and shackles with morryde parts. But you need to get all the right parts for your trailer.

Maybe the best thing to do would be call morryde directly. They are very good at helping owners with parts selection.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast