Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please, I Need Help

We picked up our new Reflection 317RST on Feb.11th. (Thank You GD for such a beautiful RV) We were excited to put it to use!!! Not wanting to get too far from home (just in case) we headed for a nearby camp ground for the maiden voyage and initial shakedown. Everything worked great! However, on day two of our three day trip we noticed a gouge in the linoleum floor from one of the slides. We immediately called the dealer and the service manager said to bring it in for some minor adjustment. This seemed reasonable to me, thinking it would not be uncommon for new units to have / need some minor adjusting.

We dropped the new beauty off on Feb. 16th, about 10 days later I called to check the status and was told they adjusted the slide until there was no more adjustment but the slide continued to dig into the linoleum and they were waiting for authorization from GD to remove some siding/covering so they could see what was going on with the slide. I have checked with the service manager on two other occasions and each time I was told they were waiting on yet another authorization from GD in order to try something else. I tried contacting the service manager again today but to no avail.

We are going on week 4 for what was to be a minor adjustment and still no resolution. Is this normal and should I be concerned since this is a brand new unit?

Any advice would be welcome.....I want to go camping
    Annie & Tom - Sugar Land, TX
    2017 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 F250 King Ranch 4x4

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if I didn't know better I'd swear that you were at Paul Evert's RV
    John & Caren
    2014 Solitude 369RL #331
    2005 Dodge 3500 Quad Cab Cummins & manual 6 speed

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum!

I suggest that you talk to GD Customer Sevice directly. The direct # is 574.825.9679, ask for JD Adams and he'll get it sorted out for you.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dave is right. Call GD Cust Svc with your VIN and Dealer info and a timeline of your service request.
    They should be able to tell you if your dealer is being honest with you.
    If not, GDRV will straighten it out for you, so you don't get on the wrong side of the dealer.

K
    Ken & Wilma
    Central Maryland
    2014 Reflection 337RLS #439
    2011 F250 CC 4x4

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    First of all, congratulations on that new Reflection, and welcome to the forum. When I took my Reflection in for warranty work, the dealer said they couldn't work on it because GD hadn't approved the work or shipped the parts yet. I called JD and asked what the hold up was. Come to find out, the dealer was the one who dropped the ball. JD called the dealer and had the work authorized in about 10 minutes. It's a very conventient dealer ploy to blame the manufacturer for delays when they really haven't scheduled the time to work on it. The dealers will eventually learn that the customers have a direct line to GD customer service, so they can't play the blame game.

Bottom line - GD will make sure that your FW is fixed correctly.

Jim

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie & Tom View Post
    We picked up our new Reflection 317RST on Feb.11th. (Thank You GD for such a beautiful RV) We were excited to put it to use!!! Not wanting to get too far from home (just in case) we headed for a nearby camp ground for the maiden voyage and initial shakedown. Everything worked great! However, on day two of our three day trip we noticed a gouge in the linoleum floor from one of the slides. We immediately called the dealer and the service manager said to bring it in for some minor adjustment. This seemed reasonable to me, thinking it would not be uncommon for new units to have / need some minor adjusting.

We dropped the new beauty off on Feb. 16th, about 10 days later I called to check the status and was told they adjusted the slide until there was no more adjustment but the slide continued to dig into the linoleum and they were waiting for authorization from GD to remove some siding/covering so they could see what was going on with the slide. I have checked with the service manager on two other occasions and each time I was told they were waiting on yet another authorization from GD in order to try something else. I tried contacting the service manager again today but to no avail.

We are going on week 4 for what was to be a minor adjustment and still no resolution. Is this normal and should I be concerned since this is a brand new unit?

Any advice would be welcome.....I want to go camping
    Hi @Annie & Tom,

Please add your 17-digit RV VIN to the "About Me" section of your forum profile, and reply back letting me know when this is done. Thank you in advance...

Best regards,
    ~ Janice
    Mailing & shipping address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 13868 CR 4, Bristol IN 46507
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

- Phones: Grand Design RV Corporate at (574) 825-8000 or Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Fax: (574) 825-9249
    - Email: [email protected]

- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GrandDesignRv
    - Twitter: https://twitter.com/granddesignrv
    - Google+: https://plus.google.com/113479014558069639097
    - LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grand-design-rv-llc
    - Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/granddesignrv
    - YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHa...PuUd3J3NHNyXVQ

For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name, and phone number.

LA5ver
    Annie and Tom, it looks like you are the second owner of a 317 on this forum. We got ours about a week before you got yours. We made it 3 days into a 30 day trip before we had to return home and take the unit to the dealer for service. We feel your pain. We love the Floorplan but are concerned about the quality issues. Our unit has been at the dealer for a week and they just started looking at it yesterday. I hope we are not into a 4+ week wait to get ours back.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Janice,

I have entered the VIN, should I also call the (574) 825-9679 are not?

Thank you,
    Tom
    Annie & Tom - Sugar Land, TX
    2017 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 F250 King Ranch 4x4

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LA5ver View Post
    We made it 3 days into a 30 day trip before we had to return home and take the unit to the dealer for service.
    Wondering what your issue requiring return to the selling dealer was. If you called GC Customer Service, they may have been able to direct you to a dealer close by for an emergency repair or even arrange for a mobile tech to allow you to continue with your plans.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

LA5ver
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave and Monica View Post
    Wondering what your issue requiring return to the selling dealer was. If you called GC Customer Service, they may have been able to direct you to a dealer close by for an emergency repair or even arrange for a mobile tech to allow you to continue with your plans.

Dave
    See "the maiden voyage of the Titanic". We did talk to Jerry at GD about our options. Because we had no water, we would have had to stay in a hotel with our two dogs while waiting for approval and parts. That could have taken a considerable amount of time and expense. So, we decided to return home and wait for our RV to be fixed here. Unfortunately, the dealer waited almost a whole week to begin working on getting approval from GD even though we told them we were waiting to continue or vacation. Even though Jerry told me they would expedite the parts delivery for a shower door, that doesn't appear to have been the case. I am very happy with the design and layout of the 317, I am quite disappointed with the service support, so far, from both GD and the dealer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast