Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Shower Leak

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shower Leak

I received a call from my wife last week telling me that she had used the shower for the first time in our new Reflection and there was water on the floor afterward- the dreaded shower leak. I was home for a few hours on Friday, so I was able to caulk the shower, but have not talked with her yet to see if my repair was successful. One thing I noticed though, I think the doors are actually mounted backward. The butt end, or overlap area, faces aft instead of forward. I feel they should face the other way as the spray from the shower can spray right between the doors. With the location of the handles I don't think they can be switched around, but I think it is a poor design. Hopefully it doesn't lead to any more problems. Other than that, we really like the trailer so far. Just can't wait to get it out on the road in September!
    Mike and Jill- Rogers City, MI
    2015 Reflection 337RLS
    2012 F350 6.7 SRW
    Mesa the Golden

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptMike View Post
    I received a call from my wife last week telling me that she had used the shower for the first time in our new Reflection and there was water on the floor afterward- the dreaded shower leak. I was home for a few hours on Friday, so I was able to caulk the shower, but have not talked with her yet to see if my repair was successful. One thing I noticed though, I think the doors are actually mounted backward. The butt end, or overlap area, faces aft instead of forward. I feel they should face the other way as the spray from the shower can spray right between the doors. With the location of the handles I don't think they can be switched around, but I think it is a poor design. Hopefully it doesn't lead to any more problems. Other than that, we really like the trailer so far. Just can't wait to get it out on the road in September!
    Something doesn't sound right. On ours the fixed panel is furthest from the shower head and the sliding panels are inside of that...no way for the showerhead to spray between the panels unless you hand-direct it there.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if they have changed the design? All three of our door panels slide, but with the handles and latches, they overlap facing the shower head and no way to overlap them facing the other way. I will have to investigate further. On a positive note, just heard from Jill and she says "No Leaks", so my caulking job has worked- so far. Of course, being aware of the short overlap and wrong direction of the door panels, we will be more conscious of the water spraying toward the shower doors.
    Mike and Jill- Rogers City, MI
    2015 Reflection 337RLS
    2012 F350 6.7 SRW
    Mesa the Golden

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I learned the hard way that you don't "spray" the doors down. At home, I always spray the doors/curtain down to rinse off soap suds - don't do it in the Reflecton - I ended up with water all the way into the hallway. Other than that, we haven't had any problems yet but we have bought the caulk to prevent any water coming out. Just got done waxing the beast today! What a chore! Two coats on the front cap and one coat all around - about nine hours worth.
    Jim and Cecille
    Sumner, MI
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL #1098
    Used to be 2014 Reflection 337RLS #277
    2015 Chevy 2500HD Duramax 6.5' Box