User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well we picked up our new Reflection 337 this past Saturday and spent the first night at the dealer campground. Very impressed with everything. No shower leaks, and I was really amazed that three showers were taken one after another and we did not run out of hot water at all. We looked every little thing over thoroughly and are very happy with all features. Having read this forum prior to Saturday, we bought a 3" memory foam bed topper. Great advice! Marvelously comfortable sleeping. The grandkids slept comfortably on the sofa bed, though I will put a little egg crate mattress on it for future sleeping.

One AC unit. Hmmm. We camped in full sun, no shade, and the max daytime temperature was 96 degrees with intense humidity. The dealer had set up our unit with AC on a few hours before we arrived so the first step inside was comfortable. However, the process of loading our stuff into the camper was pretty unpleasantly warm. And I was beginning to think "second AC". The hubby opened up the vents that are directly on the AC unit and that helped cool the living area as long as we were just kind of sitting there. We bought a little table fan for our bedroom, and shut the bedroom door until it was time to go to bed. Happily when we opened up our room to go to bed it was almost meat locker cold in there. I was very surprised. For night time sleeping we set the thermostat at 68 degrees and needed blankets to stay comfy. So we'll continue the "wait and see" on the second AC. But I'm cautiously hopeful we won't need it.

Just one little disappointing discovery. We somehow had gotten the impression that the vent fan in the living area would be one of those Fantastic Fans. There is a switch under an overhead cabinet to easily turn it on but no way to open the vent cover without a little step stool. Bummer. The dealer provided us with a maxx air vent cover so we can leave the vent open if we choose. But still, we won't always want that vent open. So....step stool.
    Last edited by Happy Kansan; 08-11-2014 at 07:18 AM.
    Happy Kansans .... DeWayne & Benita
    and one crazy little ShihPoo puppy named Olive Ann
    2015 Reflection 337
    2017 Ford F350 Super Duty SRW

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Kansan View Post
    Just one little disappointing discovery. We somehow had gotten the impression that the vent fan in the living area would be one of those Fantastic Fans. There is a switch under an overhead cabinet to easily turn it on but no way to open the vent cover without a little step stool. Bummer. The dealer provided us with a maxx air vent cover so we can leave the vent open if we choose. But still, we won't always want that vent open. So....step stool.
    We leave our vents, (all covered with Maxx Airs) open year around 365 day's of the year. We even leave them open in the winter when we are camping at -30c. In the summer it helps the hot air escape, and the winter, the condensation and have NEVER had a problem doing this at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much for that input, Lostincanada.... I had wondered if we could leave the vents open when it's full out hot sun and high humidity. We pondered leaving it open the first day when it was so stinking hot but we just couldn't help but think it would keep the AC from cooling adequately. Think we'll give it a try now, though.
    Happy Kansans .... DeWayne & Benita
    and one crazy little ShihPoo puppy named Olive Ann
    2015 Reflection 337
    2017 Ford F350 Super Duty SRW

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12