User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in the same boat as this old post, ha.

Tow vehicle:
    2018 RAM 1500
    GVWR: 6900
    GCVWR: 13,800
    Towing Capacity: 7990
    Payload: 1200

I know we wont hit GVWR on the 2600 RB, but the payload will be close for the truck.
    If 600 lbs is hitch (slightly more with propane and battery) We've got 500lbs or less for truck cargo. 2 passengers is another 330lbs, so really just leaving us with 170lbs for whatever we need to put in the truck bed. We're really torn on what to do. Get the 2600 and tow it this year, upgrade the truck next? Or get the truck this year and get a new camper next year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by silvestravel View Post
    I'm in the same boat as this old post, ha.

Tow vehicle:
    2018 RAM 1500
    GVWR: 6900
    GCVWR: 13,800
    Towing Capacity: 7990
    Payload: 1200

I know we wont hit GVWR on the 2600 RB, but the payload will be close for the truck.
    If 600 lbs is hitch (slightly more with propane and battery) We've got 500lbs or less for truck cargo. 2 passengers is another 330lbs, so really just leaving us with 170lbs for whatever we need to put in the truck bed. We're really torn on what to do. Get the 2600 and tow it this year, upgrade the truck next? Or get the truck this year and get a new camper next year.
    I won’t tell you what to do, but the tongue weight of the 2600RB will, and needs to, significantly exceed your 600 lb estimate.

That is without anything else you choose to bring along with you. Things such as clothes, food, beverages, toiletries, etc. That also does not include camping necessities like water supply hoses, septic hoses, surge suppressor, water filters, elect adapters and such. Don’t forget the weight of the hitch itself. You will also need a weight distributing hitch. It all adds up.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    600# tongue weight? hahahahaha!
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmbopp View Post
    600# tongue weight? hahahahaha!
    Yeah, it'll be higher than that. I bought a tounge weight scale and I'm very curious what it will. I hope to check it this weekend. The camper is in a state of "half-ready" which is to say, that we're missing only food/clothes before it's ready to roll. So, I think it'll be close, but we'll see.
    2015 Chevy 1500 5.3L LT-Z71 Double Cab Standard Bed
    Roadmaster Active Suspension Kit
    Tekonsha Prodigy P3 Trailer Brake Controller
    Equalizer 1k/10k hitch w/sway bracket jackets
    2019 Imagine 2600RB

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are you using to tow a 2600RB?

Quote Originally Posted by TheGuy View Post
    Yeah, it'll be higher than that. I bought a tounge weight scale and I'm very curious what it will. I hope to check it this weekend. The camper is in a state of "half-ready" which is to say, that we're missing only food/clothes before it's ready to roll. So, I think it'll be close, but we'll see.
    @TheGuy So what did you find out with the tongue weight scale? Clothes don’t add much weight and food in the cabinets or refrigerator are pretty much over the axles in the 2600RB, so should not have much affect on tongue weight.
    Last edited by Chewwi; 02-24-2021 at 02:02 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewwi View Post
    @TheGuy So what did you find out with the tongue weight scale? Clothes don’t add much weight and food in the cabinets or refrigerator are pretty much over the axles in the 2600RB, so should not have much affect on tongue weight.
    Lol, I'd love to tell you, but the baby dominated my time. He's not fond of napping. I didn't even get the scale out of the box.

His mom's home this weekend, so my plan is to do the roof maintenance and I'll weigh it then. Sorry for the lack of an update.
    2019 Imagine 2600RB

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I weighed my 2600 RB 2 times on the scales. 1100+ lb tongue weight and 13680 GCWR.
    My 2017 Ram 1500 had a 1400 lb payload rating and a 13,900 lb GCWR..
    That was almost no supplies in the truck or trailer.
    I was clearly overloaded.
    Yes the truck pulled and the brakes worked awesome, but it was time for a bigger truck.
    Now have a 2500 Ram and I'm nowhere near capacity. Much better situation.
    Jay Leonard
    New Port Richey, Fl
    2022 Imagine 2600 RB, 2021 Ram 2500 CC Bighorn 6.7L Cummins

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow my old thread has been revived!

So I thought an update is order. We ended up upgrading our 2006 Tundra with a 2018 RAM 2500 CTD and we haven't looked back. We love the truck and it has served us well. I decided to heed the advice of many on this web site and buy a bigger truck than you think you need. I've never read a single thread about someone regretting buying too big of a truck. Initially when truck searching we were a tad intimidated with the 2500 and 3500 trucks, but after a few test drives we were okay. We decided up the 2500 because we knew that we weren't going to get a 5th wheel and the 2500 could handle any of the travel trailers that we were considering. We also ended up buying a Transcend 26RLS instead of the 2600RB. We liked the idea of having the extra sofa in the living area. This is our first RV and we absolutely love it. We also bit the bullet and went with a Hensley Arrow hitch. The hitch was expensive but has performed wonderful. We've never experienced any sway at all, no matter how windy.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewwi View Post
    So I weighed the tongue last night and got right about 910lbs-ish. That jives with the roughly 1100+ of "distributed weight" I get on the cat scales when I figure the hitch and the payload added to the bed as well as the rest of the cargo my wife will add.

So now that I know this, I wonder if my tongue weight is too high. That's in the neighborhood of 20% per the cat scales. [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    2019 Imagine 2600RB

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGuy View Post
    So I weighed the tongue last night and got right about 910lbs-ish. That jives with the roughly 1100+ of "distributed weight" I get on the cat scales when I figure the hitch and the payload added to the bed as well as the rest of the cargo my wife will add.

So now that I know this, I wonder if my tongue weight is too high. That's in the neighborhood of 20% per the cat scales. [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    IMO 910 lbs tongue weight is a little heavy for a 2600RB but no where near 20%. 910 lbs is likely closer to 12% - 13% of your RVs weight, right in the sweet spot.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast