Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

380 TH Fit/Finish issues

Here are some things prospective buyers may want to add to their PDI's or consider before taking delivery. A lot of this was quality control at the factory AND should have been caught by the dealer - and me on PDI:

* Garage side door closer mounted incorrectly (see post in "exterior" section)
    * 2 screws holding "nightstands" I guess extend through bottom of bedroom slide. One has cut the seal which will have to be replaced.
    * Awning Light switch in master control section is not marked though it operates
    * Rear awning LED lights are present, but not wired into the rig and no switch is provided in the controls
    * Lock on sliding door in bathroom was mounted upside down and the screws are stripped
    * 1 shelving standard strip in pantry was mounted upside down so shelves would not install correctly
    * Norcold 12 CF fridge only had 2 freezer shelves - Manufacturer indicated 4 (2 ea side) were provided
    * Toilet paper dispenser was not mounted and no screws were provided (hardware was in a drawer). Since there's only one logical place to mount it, why'd I have to do it?
    * Garage All-Season doors are not installed correctly ( not level and do not meet properly. Latch is installed in such a way that the door must have a slight gap when you latch the door.
    * Grommet around hose for the fuel dispenser was not installed so the hose passes through bare metal. Grommet was laying in the compartment. Now I'd hae to removed the nozzle to get it on.
    * 2 LED ceiling lenses are missing. We pointed out one prior to the PDI, found it for them in a drawer, then failed to notice it was not installed during PDI. Guess that's on me and more a dealer issue. One lens is also missing in the garage which we failed to notice on the PDI.
    * The Black tank NEVER reads empty and normally about 2/3 even after emptying.

* Round head screws were used on the stair threshold which creates a trip hazard - recommend these be countersunk screws
    * Documentation on the leveling system does not tell you that legs will be coming down (or up) independently. In other words, the right front starts going down and left front doesn't start down until the other one contacts the ground. May be a common practice issue, but was new to me and the manual didn't address
    * In the closet, why wouldn't we extend the hanging bars so a few more clothes would fit on the bars.

On the good side, there have really been no major mechanical issues so far, but it has only been 3 weeks. On the down side, GD was a week late delivering the unit, and since we were selling our home we basically had no time until we moved in to get tissues resolved. I learned a lesson and will never allow myself to get put in that position again. Now most of this crap is on me to fix. Looks like the time I saved on mowing and yard work at the &B will be spent fixing this kind of stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as the leveling system, that is normal, the easiest ram will move first then the next one will, in this case the ram with the shortest hoses.
    The toilet paper holder, in my experience are never installed when you buy new, I have bought 3 new rigs and none ever came with them installed.
    And for the black tank, the ONLY time they work right is when they are new or never had anything but clean water in the tank. Toilet paper and other 'debris' collects on the sensors and gives a false reading. The best you can hope for is the upper sensors always work so you know the tank is full, but that doesn't always happen either.
    Korey SE WI
    2014 Denali 3500HD LML DRW 4wd FS Airbags 20k Reese
    2014 Momentum 385TH #1396
    2013 Manitou SES VP 150hp Mercury 4 stroke
    Volunteer Firefighter Since 1997

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Korey. Appreciate the info!