Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tires

Quote Originally Posted by scottjohn5150 View Post
    We purchased our 3000QB in October and had it out once and then straight to winterizing and storage, but that one trip was great. Planning our next trip in March.
    I honestly didn’t pay too much attention to the tires, do you not like what came on the trailer?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Ive read a lot about the china bomb tires and they make me nervous. Replaced the last trailer tires within a year and never looked back and have never had a blowout, knock on wood, with 80,000 miles with the other trailer. When the dealer's shop foreman suggests you replace the westlakes asap I tend to try to take his advice. He has nothing to gain by the recommendation. We use the trailers a lot and while this is a new one and only has 780 miles on it, it should have in excess of 7,000 miles on it easy by the end of the year.. Think new better tires will give me comfort.
    Last edited by Ghdorn; 01-08-2020 at 09:05 AM. Reason: spelling

Left The Driveway scottjohn5150's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine 3000QB on order! Any owners?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghdorn View Post
    Ive read a lot about the china bomb tires and they make me nervous. Replaced the last trailer tires within a year and never looked back and have never had a blowout, knock on wood, with 80,000 miles with the other trailer. When the dealer's shop foreman suggests you replace the westlakes asap I tend to try to take his advice. He has nothing to gain by the recommendation. We use the trailers a lot and while this is a new one and only has 780 miles on it, it should have in excess of 7,000 miles on it easy by the end of the year.. Think new better tires will give me comfort.
    What tire did you go with and how much do they cost? After I read your comment, I’ve read several negative things about the Westlake tires. Might be replacing mine too. Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looking at maxxis 8008s and the goodyear endurance tires probably from discount tires they have stores everywhere and i have rotated multiple time out or town, utah and colorado and texas and two blocks away from the house.

i have had one set of carlisles but think the maxxis and GY get better reviews and ratings around 120 per tire so not the cheapest but read what a blowout to a trailer tire does. itsts like a flail at 70 miles an hour. on a work trailer i have taken fenders off. this forum describes some pretty significant trailer damage and i dont want to experience that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12