User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine 3000QB on order! Any owners?

Our family just sold our 2800BH and are upgrading to the 2019 Imagine 3000QB. It’s a brand new floor plan and was looking to see if anyone else already purchased it? I guess I may be the first on the forum.
    2019 Imagine 3000QB
    2018 Imagine 2800BH (SOLD)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That new floor plan looks nice.

Any plans for a fancy new truck to go with that new trailer?
    Joe & Joy + children
    2018 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Tremor, 7.3L V8
    Equal-i-zer 1,200/12,000 lb. hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jw^2 family View Post
    That new floor plan looks nice.

Any plans for a fancy new truck to go with that new trailer?
    I wish! Going to see how my RAM will handle it. I may end up at one point getting a used 2500 diesel or an F150 with max tow. How does your F150 tow your 2800?
    2019 Imagine 3000QB

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't tow that TT with a 1/2 ton. Not to go all out weight police since the weight isn't all that much. It's the length and the weight combined that would concern me. 35'7" and about 8,000 lbs loaded up is too much for a 1/2 ton IMO. Your ED will be maxed out on payload as well. Great family layout though. Just a bit big for some 1/2 tons IMO.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman View Post
    I wish! Going to see how my RAM will handle it. I may end up at one point getting a used 2500 diesel or an F150 with max tow. How does your F150 tow your 2800?
    The F150 does fine with our 2800BH. I probably wouldn't want to tow anything bigger than the 2800BH with it though. We towed more than 3,000 miles this season. Before getting our Imagine I had already swapped out the factory 3.15 gears for 3.55, and also picked up a Banks programmer to correct the speedometer, so the EcoBoost has plenty of power and torque for towing. The Equal-i-zer hitch is adjusted with enough pressure on the spring bars so that no weight is lifted off the truck's front axle, and it's pretty stable towing. We're planning to keep the F150 for at least a few more years. When it's eventually time for a new truck we would definitely consider a 3/4- or 1-ton to get more payload capacity in order to be able to take more stuff with us on camping trips.
    Joe & Joy + children
    2018 Imagine 2800BH
    2022 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 Tremor, 7.3L V8
    Equal-i-zer 1,200/12,000 lb. hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    I wouldn't tow that TT with a 1/2 ton. Not to go all out weight police since the weight isn't all that much. It's the length and the weight combined that would concern me. 35'7" and about 8,000 lbs loaded up is too much for a 1/2 ton IMO. Your ED will be maxed out on payload as well. Great family layout though. Just a bit big for some 1/2 tons IMO.
    I agree. I am looking at some used 3/4 tons right now, but haven’t seen any great deals. Most of our camping trips are literally 10 minutes down the road and I think it will be fine. If I was traveling across the country, it would be a different story.
    2019 Imagine 3000QB

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman View Post
    Our family just sold our 2800BH and are upgrading to the 2019 Imagine 3000QB. It’s a brand new floor plan and was looking to see if anyone else already purchased it? I guess I may be the first on the forum.
    So after a yearnhow do you like the 3000qb? We just got ours and seems well built and fits our needs to a t.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghdorn View Post
    So after a yearnhow do you like the 3000qb? We just got ours and seems well built and fits our needs to a t.
    We brought it home from Texas and so has abo 780 miles on it. Will be replacing the tires before we take it out which should be in a couple weeks but only for a few days at a time till summer. longer trip in summer about 3.5 months.

We put about 80000 miles in nine years on its predecessor and it was showing its age (Keystone passport). The 3000 has some nice features that sold us the moment we saw it.

Left The Driveway scottjohn5150's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghdorn View Post
    We brought it home from Texas and so has abo 780 miles on it. Will be replacing the tires before we take it out which should be in a couple weeks but only for a few days at a time till summer. longer trip in summer about 3.5 months.

We put about 80000 miles in nine years on its predecessor and it was showing its age (Keystone passport). The 3000 has some nice features that sold us the moment we saw it.
    We purchased our 3000QB in October and had it out once and then straight to winterizing and storage, but that one trip was great. Planning our next trip in March.
    I honestly didn’t pay too much attention to the tires, do you not like what came on the trailer?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tires

Quote Originally Posted by scottjohn5150 View Post
    We purchased our 3000QB in October and had it out once and then straight to winterizing and storage, but that one trip was great. Planning our next trip in March.
    I honestly didn’t pay too much attention to the tires, do you not like what came on the trailer?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Ive read a lot about the china bomb tires and they make me nervous. Replaced the last trailer tires within a year and never looked back and have never had a blowout, knock on wood, with 80,000 miles with the other trailer. When the dealer's shop foreman suggests you replace the westlakes asap I tend to try to take his advice. He has nothing to gain by the recommendation. We use the trailers a lot and while this is a new one and only has 780 miles on it, it should have in excess of 7,000 miles on it easy. Think new better tires will give me comfort.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast