User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    Yes. I installed the two large ones in the lower vent cover (the air flow goes up). Only one was called for in the installation instructions but due to the second one not fitting in the upper vent cover I just doubled up on the bottom. Should have plenty of airflow now! They installed easily with zipties (red arrows). (The white ties are for the screens.)

Attachment 16904
    Hello - been researching additional fan mod threads to use on my 2018 303 RLS. My upper vent looks just like yours - I believe that there are 3 or 4 fans about mid level, and when on, a good amount of hot air exits the top vent. There is no room at the top of mine either. However, since I also camp in the hot NE Florida summer, I'd like to add this type of fan to my lower vent to suck in cooler outside air and blow it upwards - just like in you picture. I'd like them to come on when the other fans come on, yet I'm no expert in how this would be accomplished.

The web site in your link is sort of confusing - can I just buy these fans and somehow wire them into the existing fans?
    2018 Reflection 303 RLS
    2018 Ram BigHorn 3500 CTD

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FatTire View Post
    Hello - been researching additional fan mod threads to use on my 2018 303 RLS. My upper vent looks just like yours - I believe that there are 3 or 4 fans about mid level, and when on, a good amount of hot air exits the top vent. There is no room at the top of mine either. However, since I also camp in the hot NE Florida summer, I'd like to add this type of fan to my lower vent to suck in cooler outside air and blow it upwards - just like in you picture. I'd like them to come on when the other fans come on, yet I'm no expert in how this would be accomplished.

The web site in your link is sort of confusing - can I just buy these fans and somehow wire them into the existing fans?
    I agree--the ARP website is quite, um, "colorful".

The large fan fits in the lower section, though it's a "make it fit" installation as I show in this thread. I suggest giving Paul Unmack (ARP proprietor) a call at the number listed on the website to discuss your specific requirements for the fan(s) and wiring.

-Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have a 303RLS. I have been trying to find the small fans like you have used for the upper vent cover with no luck. Can you tell me where you got them? Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howard,
    I just found them listed as the defrost fans on the website. In your opinion do they make a difference when added to the upper vent?

Appreciate any insight you may have on just adding the two small fans.

Thanks
    Chuck

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, I recently bought a 303rl it has the dometic 1350 smlx and I'm having cooling issues. Working on baffling mods and looking into additional fans. I came across the defender, then your thread. Since it's been over a year that you did the install, I'm wondering how you would rate the performance of this unit and the overall cooling improvement. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deerislandbrew View Post
    Hello, I recently bought a 303rl it has the dometic 1350 smlx and I'm having cooling issues. Working on baffling mods and looking into additional fans. I came across the defender, then your thread. Since it's been over a year that you did the install, I'm wondering how you would rate the performance of this unit and the overall cooling improvement. Thanks.
    Yes. I added the ARP and two small defrost to the upper vent and notice two things: I can run the refridgerator at a lower temp, and even at lower settings it will cool to 33 degrees and run between 33 and 35. Before I could get to 33 at night but during day it would climb to 37 or 40 or higher, depending on outside heat load even when set on 5. I did not modify the baffles. Mine installation looked like everything was done properly so I did not take any action.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a new 2020 Imagine XLS 24mpr. It doesn’t look like it has the space limitation for the top vent fridge that The 315rlts has. I ordered the ARP today. I have a new 2020 Imagine XLS 24mpr. It doesn’t look like it has the space limitation for the top vent fridge that The 315rlts has. I ordered the ARP today.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2477.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	28853

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I successfully installed the APR in my 24MPR. I had no issues putting fans on the top vent. The 24 MPR has plenty of space at the top. On the bottom I thought there might be a little issue with closing the vent, but there was not. I have not installed the interior fridge fans yet because I had an immediate need, but I plan on doing it soon.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let us know what results you have. I installed the arp in my rls 303 relection. One standard fan in bottom vent, two small fans in the upper vent. Arp runs fan control. Need to tweak fan control some more before getting it dialed in good. Fridge is mostly at 36* it has risen to 41* during hot weather. Need more time out to see more results.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deerislandbrew View Post
    Let us know what results you have. I installed the arp in my rls 303 relection. One standard fan in bottom vent, two small fans in the upper vent. Arp runs fan control. Need to tweak fan control some more before getting it dialed in good. Fridge is mostly at 36* it has risen to 41* during hot weather. Need more time out to see more results.
    I didn't know you can change the settings for the fans. I think I will install the fridge fans before I fool with those settings. So far my fridge has stayed at or below 41* in 90+ humid Louisiana heat.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast