User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any Tips to Help Keep The Exterior Fiberglass Looking Shiny and New?

So as a few of you know, we are picking up our Reflection 27RL next week and I have tons of thoughts running through my head. One of them is, there sure is a lot of fiberglass showing that could be a lot of upkeep to keep it looking nice.

So do you have any tips/recommendations to minimize the sunlight damage to the fiberglass, but not kill myself trying to keep it waxed, the traditional way with lots of rubbing or a handheld buffer? That doesn't seem realistic and likely won't happen. A friend said to just use a car wash that has wax in it, so all you have to do is dry it off, not rub out the wax.

Are there any washes that include UV protection and/or wax that you think work well?

How about the stuff the dealers offer called ResistALL that is a Teflon based polymer? Has anyone had that done and do you think it's worth the cost of over $1,000???

I was going to buy a cover, since my current plan is to store it outside when we're not using it. I heard its a fair amount of work to put the cover on and off, but I was thinking if we weren't going to use it for several months, I would likely throw the cover on it. We are hoping to head south for several of the winter months, once retirement kicks in full time at the end of this year. Or should I really think about paying for indoor storage??? Do you have any thoughts/opinions on those ideas as well?

Any wisdom/recommendations you can share would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks All,

Paul
    Paul & Kris - West Michigan
    2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax ("TheBeast")
    2015 Grand Design Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
    Pullrite Superglide

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3daawgg
    I highly recommend Wash Wax All by aero. Great stuff easy to use.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And the stuff the dealer sells just lines their pocket as a profit generator. Jmvho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We used the wash wax all on ours after reading the reviews. Its only been a couple of weeks but you couldn't ask for anything easier on those big slab sides of the trailer. Still need to do some hand work but overall really cuts the time and effort to get it to shine. We will see how long it lasts.

My humble opinion on the cover is if it fits tight without flapping in the wind and is breathable I would use a cover. If its loose and it allows dirt to blow under, then the cover flapping with grit under it will do more harm then good.
    Chris and Debbie
    St. Charles County, MO
    2007 Dodge Ram Cummins DRW
    2015 369RL Solitude

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steveston Marine is one of the oldest marine suppply stores in these parts. They handle a lot of brands and said that Meguiars 50 Marine and RV Cleaner Wax is hands down their biggest seller. I'll have to wait and see if it is any good.
    Nick and Nancy
    Abbotsford BC
    2011 Ram 3500
    2015 Reflection 303RLs

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the Steveston Marine wax recommended to me as well by Capen's Cottage. Gary said it was good and easy to apply - I don't think it was the Meguiars though. I just got done using regular Meguiars - a real nice shine but it was a lot of work to do on a Saturday. I store mine inside in the winter months to keep the weather off and I have never gotten any critters. I have a deal with the owner that I can be the last person in, so I can get it out if I want to go South (still have to work right now - 10 months to go).
    Jim and Cecille
    Sumner, MI
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL #1098
    Used to be 2014 Reflection 337RLS #277
    2015 Chevy 2500HD Duramax 6.5' Box

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marcy & I also used the wash wax all, read that it is what they use on airplanes. We were quite impressed. Wipe on and wipe off immediately no rubbing. We did the trailer and truck in two hours back in may and they both still look good.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyPaulo View Post
    So as a few of you know, we are picking up our Reflection 27RL next week and I have tons of thoughts running through my head. One of them is, there sure is a lot of fiberglass showing that could be a lot of upkeep to keep it looking nice.

So do you have any tips/recommendations to minimize the sunlight damage to the fiberglass, but not kill myself trying to keep it waxed, the traditional way with lots of rubbing or a handheld buffer? That doesn't seem realistic and likely won't happen. A friend said to just use a car wash that has wax in it, so all you have to do is dry it off, not rub out the wax.

Are there any washes that include UV protection and/or wax that you think work well?

How about the stuff the dealers offer called ResistALL that is a Teflon based polymer? Has anyone had that done and do you think it's worth the cost of over $1,000???

I was going to buy a cover, since my current plan is to store it outside when we're not using it. I heard its a fair amount of work to put the cover on and off, but I was thinking if we weren't going to use it for several months, I would likely throw the cover on it. We are hoping to head south for several of the winter months, once retirement kicks in full time at the end of this year. Or should I really think about paying for indoor storage??? Do you have any thoughts/opinions on those ideas as well?

Any wisdom/recommendations you can share would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks All,

Paul

We also store our 369RL outside. We have a cover for it and it is relatively easy. My husband puts it on and takes it off by himself--If it is not windy! It seems to work great. I think the biggest issue is keeping as much sun as possible off of the graphics to prevent cracking and peeling. He is a bit of a nut about keeping it clean. He washes it top to bottom every time we come home from a camping trip!
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016