User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2016 303 Greystone fireplace WF2613L

We are getting ready for a camping trip in two days and this morning I was testing the heating components. I pressed the power button on the Gretstone fireplace (WF2613L) and the plastic strip with the control buttons popped in, making it unusable. I have the fireplace out and it does not appear that the inside (to the button panel) can be accessed. Does anyone have any suggestions? I just talked with GD, and while sympathetic, the support person could offer no help. He did mention that in his experience, the fireplaces are typically cheaply made. Greystone contact is in China, so no help. I'll try to access the innards, but I will not put a new one in if I cannot resolve.
    2016 303RLS
    2010 Dodge 3500 SRW 4X4 Crew Cab, 3.73 axle ratio (now pushing 20,000 miles)
    Pullrite Superglide 16K
    Six five gallon fuel cans, converted away from CARB compliance, which reside, as needed, under my BAKflip G2

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would try to call GD back and speak to someone else. If they still turn you away it might be worthwhile to call greystone. If they also offer no help, you have nothing to lose and then try to take it apart. If you remove the fireplace, you should be able to see if there are screws on the back or a trim plate you can remove on the front to access screws, really depends on what model you have.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KeithS,

This is a picture of the control board in the upper corner of the fireplace. This is accessible by removing the fireplace back panel. I think the buttons are at the end of the red/white ribbon cable. Your should be able to reach this, but I don't know what is supposed to hold it in place.

BTW . . . can you still control the fireplace with the remote?

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3762.jpg  
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    KeithS,

This is a picture of the control board in the upper corner of the fireplace. This is accessible by removing the fireplace back panel. I think the buttons are at the end of the red/white ribbon cable. Your should be able to reach this, but I don't know what is supposed to hold it in place.

BTW . . . can you still control the fireplace with the remote?

Rob
    The remote stopped working after a year.. Changed the battery, still no go.

If I can open and gain access, it should just be a matter of securing the button panel. I imagine a plastic clip may have broken.
    2016 303RLS
    Pullrite Superglide 16K
    Six five gallon fuel cans, converted away from CARB compliance, which reside, as needed, under my BAKflip G2

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithS View Post
    The remote stopped working after a year.. Changed the battery, still no go.

If I can open and gain access, it should just be a matter of securing the button panel. I imagine a plastic clip may have broken.
    Even if a retaining clip is broken, if you can get the button panel back into position, a bead from a hot glue gun on the backside will hold it there.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fireplace buttons are on a circuit board.. As I suspected, the plastic end of the frame had cracked.. I found a similar sized screw with a wider head and it holds the plastic frame in place now. Jurry-rigged, but it seems to work. I will be very careful not to push the buttons harder than necessary when I use them. BTW, while testing the fireplace on my workbench, I plugged it in to a KilloWatt. On Low heat it draws 6.2 amps and on high, 11.9 amps.
    2016 303RLS
    Pullrite Superglide 16K

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey all, great discussion on the greystone. Almost as good as YouTube.. I’ve purchased a 2014 Reflection 303RLS and have all the same issues as mentioned above on the Greystone FP. My question is if I remove the fireplace what have you seen out there to replace it? Or should I just use that area for storage?
    Also, Can anyone tell me where the GFCI reset is?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OT, but our Graystone would go into overtemp shutdown when run for a long time. After looking at the airflow I 1) cut a large vent behind the fireplace for added airflow and 2) realized the pop-up tv has to be up.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK