User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a Coleman roadtrip grill that Dave got as a retirement gift. Will replace it with a WeberQ when its time. We grill outside and use the stove inside. Less stuff means less hassle. We don't even get the grill out unless we're staying somewhere a few nights.

We have a Coleman camp stove that we keep in the garage at home. We use it for hurricane power outages. We also use it to cook collards since I'm too Yankee to stand the smell inside.

Kay

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I polled my grandkids the other day as i was making breakfast at home for them and it was unanimous, RV breakfast is the best. I cook on a griddle outside on the picnic table, pancakes for all my peeps.....some of them are shaped like Mickey Mouse.....
    I also have an induction hotplate and a crockpot. Have never used the oven of OEM stovetop.....

Fajah
    Momentum

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We too cook most of the time outside on a electric skillet and on a grill--gas or charcoal. We often use the crock pot to bake potatoes.

We seldom use the oven inside the trailer, but we do use the microwave extensively to cook popcorn and warm up foods.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    We too cook most of the time outside on a electric skillet and on a grill--gas or charcoal. We often use the crock pot to bake potatoes.

We seldom use the oven inside the trailer, but we do use the microwave extensively to cook popcorn and warm up foods.

OK now you have my interest!! How do you bake potatoes in the crock pot?? Do you add water at all or just leave them dry? Do you pierce the potatoes? I am always afraid to do anything "dry" in the crockpot for fear of cracking it.
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
    How do you bake potatoes in the crock pot??

Ok, I'm with Sandi...I thought I had heard of everything regarding a crock pot's use. Please shared
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

pcjunki
    We use the microwave and the stovetop when we are on short trips (1-3 days). For the longer trips we use a Camp Chef 3 burner (9,000 btu) with cast iron griddle for breakfast. We take the griddle off and use cast iron skillets and pots for the rest of the cooking and when it comes time for grilling we have a Camp Chef grill that sits atop 2 of the three burners. My wife also brings an electric pressure cooker to make her rice in since it is real fast and makes really good sticky Asian rice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have an induction burner (yet, I think DW would like one) - but as I understand it, they require specific pots and pans. If I thought I could get away without a propane grill, I might try to go the pure induction route- but I'd prefer not to be stuck in those times electricity is scarce.
    Ussuri Bruin (and his owners)
    2014 Ram Laramie Mega Cab 3500 DRW
    24K Pull-Rite SuperGlide Hitch
    2015 Momentum 380TH

okraman
    We use a Coleman 2 burner stove, carry a Aussie grill with us and a couple of Dutch Ovens. We also use the stove in our trailer. Prefer to cook outside, but will adapt to whatever the weather or other factors dictate. We have just been given a NuWave induction cooktop, but haven't had an opportunity to use it yet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd recommend a sous vide setup. They're not the cheapest, but they vastly changed the way we cook at home. We've had a second one just waiting to go in the RV (which we finally ordered a few days ago!). This is a way to cook your food to a precise temperature, where timing is less certain. Like a crockpot, it doesn't heat up your living space. We plan to get an induction cooktop to sear meat from the sous vide prior to serving, but you could also use a grill for that. Vegetables can be prepared in the same machine as meat, simultaneously but in separate packaging. We'll even be set up to make creme brûlée, which I likely wouldn't try in the RV's oven.
    Ussuri Bruin (and his owners)
    2014 Ram Laramie Mega Cab 3500 DRW
    24K Pull-Rite SuperGlide Hitch
    2015 Momentum 380TH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do a lot of cooking on the firepit, also use a Weber Smokey Joe, and an electric skillet. I cook inside as little as possible. Also have Coleman stove and griddle. I have. Been considering an induction cooker many campers really like them

Debby - Stafford, Virginia
    2017 Grand Design Solitude ST374TH
    2012 GMC Denali 3500HD DRW

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast