User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RetArmyMSG
    We love the camping chef stoves. We had a two burner stove with a bbq box that covered one burner for about 8 years and it was great. A few weeks ago I happened to check their website and came across a great deal on the 3 burner stove that came with a bbq grill box that covered two of the burners. It just arrived so we haven't been able to use it yet but I am looking forward to it over our Xmas trip to New Orleans.

http://www.outdoorcooking.com/produc...gas-grill.html

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
    OK now you have my interest!! How do you bake potatoes in the crock pot?? Do you add water at all or just leave them dry? Do you pierce the potatoes? I am always afraid to do anything "dry" in the crockpot for fear of cracking it.
    Just place the whole unpeeled taters in the crock pot and turn it on high. They stay moist on their own. It doesn't even take all day to cook'em.

Fendon
    OK now you have my interest!! How do you bake potatoes in the crock pot?? Do you add water at all or just leave them dry? Do you pierce the potatoes? I am always afraid to do anything "dry" in the crockpot for fear of cracking it.
    You're correct. Just keep them moist all the time and you won't face any difficulties while cooking them.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
    You rub'em in oil or butter, shake sea salt on them and put'em in the crock pot with 1-2 oz. of water in the bottom. They come out the best baked potatoes you've ever had.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Bamaman and Fendon! Gonna try this on our next camping trip.
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

ArkansasCampers
    First night out with New Reflection and new Weber Q 2400 grill. My wife is in love with the grill. Juicy good burgers and always use a crock pot. Last thing we want to do camping is cook and clean up the kitchen. Crock pot is easy and so is Weber Q.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would someone please share the brand names of the electric skillets/griddles that have worked well?
    2019 F350 DRW, Crew Cab, Long bed,
    B&W Companion Hitch w/puck system
    2020 Solitude 310-GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a Sunbeam electric skillet and electric griddle. Of course they are almost as old as me so I don't even know if Sunbeam is still in business. Actually, I believe my crock pot is Sunbeam as well. Most everything gets cooked outside on the WeberQ but it is nice to be able to throw something in the crockpot while we are out for the day. Don't know what brand my air fryer is but it is a great addition.
    Chuck & Robin, LuLu and Georgie
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    2019 2670MK
    5.7 Toyota Tundra TRD with Towing Package
    TRD sway bar & Firestone air bags

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recommend a portable Traeger pellet smoker. If you can bake it or grill it, it's better on a smoker. Smoked pizza made from scratch is awesome. We never use our camper oven. It takes a bit longer to smoke a meal, but the results are worth it. Start the smoker, have an adult beverage, enjoy the wait.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I prefer to use the Coleman party propane grill. It's a nice and small grill for the price, don't expect big grill results. Used this over vacation to grill hot dogs, hamburgers, and chicken, and it worked well each times. No issues so far, went together easily and I think how it's easy to take the legs off to pack it back up. I also like the idea of filling the basin under the grill with water to catch the drippings, makes it very easy to clean up by just spilling out the water.

Cooking is a little tricky since all the heat is centered in the middle with a small, single flame head. This means that the center area of the grill cooks food faster, so you have to flip and move items all the time to get even cooking. Also, I found that I had to run the flame on low otherwise the center was way too hot, which compounded the issue of centered heat.

All-all Not bad, didn't expect much with something at this price point.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast