User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In the past I went through research and discussion of various hitches and decided for simplicity and stability to go with the B&W companion. Yes it's heavy, too heavy for me, so I installed an electric hoist from HF in my garage. With the hoist I can lift it up, move the truck out of the way, lower the B&W onto a furniture dolly and store in the garage. My style of travel is such that I'm not going to be removing the hitch on a trip so this works best for me. Benefit is I don't have to worry about excessive torsional stresses on the trailer or truck.

Hitches seem to be like oil, tire and truck threads in that individuals will defend to the death their choice, right or wrong.
    2020 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW
    Solitude 320X sold
    2020 Raptor 356
    2012 Primetime Crusader 355BHQ (GF's)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here you go. All your problems solved. Keeps your frame warranty intact, clean bed at all times, no non-stop install/uninstall of a heavy hitch. Just set it on the gooseneck ball to tow and lift it off when you get there.

https://www.amazon.com/DRAW-TITE-946...reese+goosebox

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon T View Post
    Here you go. All your problems solved. Keeps your frame warranty intact, clean bed at all times, no non-stop install/uninstall of a heavy hitch. Just set it on the gooseneck ball to tow and lift it off when you get there.

https://www.amazon.com/DRAW-TITE-946...reese+goosebox
    I too have been researching like crazy the last few days looking for a setup for my Reflection 150 series, we just bought and haven’t picked up yet, with the turning point pinbox. From what I have read this Reese system will not mount in place of the Lippert Turning Point due to the design of how the factory pinbox mounts. If anyone can confirm or deny this it would be appreciated.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    Problem with the Andersen is the offset coupler thats needed for the ball. I have a Morryde pin box and Morryde recommends a special gooseneck plate be attached to the underside of their box to keep the bottom plate from flexing. I'm guessing thats why Lippert says no. Must be that the plate where the pin is welded to is too thin.
    Sounds like what is recommended for the Trailair Rotaflex for which Anderson makes a simple inexpensive kit to solve, I'll bet something similar is available for the Morryde

Quote Originally Posted by Polkadotti View Post
    I agree. I have an appointment to have the B&W turn over ball installed and will then add the Andersen Ultimate to save my back and to have a flush truck bed for my backcountry camping needs.
    I have the identical set-up and so far it has proved to be an excellent combo. One suggestion made to me by the installer, when and if you remove the hitch for daily use etc., remove the ball in the bed instead of turning it over, kind of defeats the purpose, but the installer said he has seen several balls stolen and they are not cheap.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, this is a simple physics problem involving a lever. The common gooseneck conversion for a fifth wheel involves an adapter that goes 90 degrees straight down to the ball sticking just above the truck bed. Hey, if you're out of your warranty you might not care because lots of folks get on fine with these. Understand though, that adapter functions as a lever attached to your pin, and pulls against the frame.

I think the reason that Lippert actually allowed the Reese Goose Box was that it did not do this. Instead it came down at a proper angle, like your fifth wheel connection does. The Andersen version uses an adapter that keeps the connection point the same height as your pin (no additional leverage against your frame). So I don't see how it could damage the frame.
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Curt hitch, with the puck system, it sounds like it is going to rip out the bed of the truck. 2017 Ram 3500. I am are very unhappy, I can't pull the slider bar to extend it. And I have to have a crane to get it out of the truck. I want to use the truck for other things. so I have been looking at Anderson.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Double check your puck system is locked at all points. There should be no noise there. I have the Reese Titan R20 that can be easily removed in 3 pieces. Its a rail system unit so you would need the puck to rail adapter Reese makes. If you need a slider there is a slider base available for it that will fir the same rail system.
    Just food for thought.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smurph74 View Post
    I too have been researching like crazy the last few days looking for a setup for my Reflection 150 series, we just bought and haven’t picked up yet, with the turning point pinbox. From what I have read this Reese system will not mount in place of the Lippert Turning Point due to the design of how the factory pinbox mounts. If anyone can confirm or deny this it would be appreciated.
    So Smurph what’s the verdict? Can you use the Reese afterall?
    Does anyone know if the Andersen will work with the Turning Point Hitch?
    If not, can the Mor/Ryde rubber pinbox replace it, or does it have the same mounting problem as the Reese?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FLTom52 View Post
    So Smurph what’s the verdict? Can you use the Reese afterall?
    Does anyone know if the Andersen will work with the Turning Point Hitch?
    If not, can the Mor/Ryde rubber pinbox replace it, or does it have the same mounting problem as the Reese?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Regarding swapping the turning point for the goosebox I still came up with the same answer from several online searches. However I did not call Lippert or Reese to confirm. Mainly because I choose not to go that direction.

As far as the turning point hitch with the Anderson, you can not utilize the turning point feature with the Anderson. The turning point hitch requires a wedge plate to lock the kingpin against the fifth wheel forcing the pivot point where the pin box meets the trailer. With that being said there are numerous people running the Anderson hitch with this pinbox in the locked position essentially making it a traditional pinbox. With the offset capable setups of the Anderson many are reporting that they have plenty clearance to the cab. Obviously it all comes down to truck/trailer combination.

Never looked into swapping to the rubber pin box style. If I were going through the trouble of swapping pin boxes I would probably just get the goosbox setup.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am in the same boat, spinning my head going no where. This is my dilemma, My truck is a Ford F250 short bed towing my new Solitude s class 5th wheel 2930 rl using my clunky noise Pullrite superglide hitch. The plan was to alleviate all the weight and to free bed space when not towing by changing it to Pullrite Super lite hitch. Has anyone changed to this setup ?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast