User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerryh View Post
    I am in the same boat, spinning my head going no where. This is my dilemma, My truck is a Ford F250 short bed towing my new Solitude s class 5th wheel 2930 rl using my clunky noise Pullrite superglide hitch. The plan was to alleviate all the weight and to free bed space when not towing by changing it to Pullrite Super lite hitch. Has anyone changed to this setup ?
    Not trying to talk you out of moving on, but if your Pullrite Superglide is clunky and noisy it is not adjusted properly. Once adjusted correctly, mine is smooth and quiet. It's sill bloody heavy though.

I can walk you through the adjustment process if you would like me to. It's very simple. Send me a PM if you want some help.
    Last edited by JColeman; 06-26-2019 at 01:43 PM.
    Jeff and Jen
    2016 F250 CC Lariat 4x4 6.7L, Firestone Airbags, Pullrite Superglide
    2017 Solitude 310GK, a little solar, a little lithium, disc brakes and a few suspension mods

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeff, thanks for your reply, i will inspect and adjust the hitch and see what happens.
    best regards, Gerry

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I chose to go with the B&W Patriot 16K hitch on rails. The hitch can be separated into two pieces--neither too heavy to easily lift out of the bed. The B&W quality is tops, and they're American made.

My fifth wheel is often moved around by my campground's trucks, and they are not setup to deal with an Anderson equipped trailer. I just don't want to deal with putting the head unit on and off--depending on who's going to be moving the trailer.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talked to Lippert service today and was told there is no replacement for the Turning Point as the mount is different than any other. Wish I would have known this as I would have not have bought the trailer. I get a lot of chucking and wanted to upgrade with the MorRyde or Demco Glide. Oh well, what to do?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have the Reese R20 Titan 5th wheel hitch and have ZERO chucking. It is a very close tolerance hitch. They also make a slider version.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I'm coming very late to this thread, but it seems like the right place to post.

I have been vacillating over which hitch to get for our 2020 Chevy 3500HD CC 6'9" bed and 2020 (ordered) 310GK. I have looked at both the Demco and PullRite auto sliders, both of which (currently) require an ISR adapter plate. And, of course, they both need capture plates on the MorRyde pin box, as well. I'd also need a crane to get them in and out of the truck bed. So I'm not too crazy about the auto slider option.

I measured the position of the pucks/gooseball mount, and it turns out the pucks are 3.35" aft of being centered on the rear axle, and the gooseball mount is 4.5" aft. That makes the Andersen Ultimate and the Demco Recon, both of which mount to the gooseball, pretty attractive, since (if I'm doing the math correctly), the turn clearance on these would be >90 deg on the Andersen (regardless of coupler block orientation), and ~86 deg on the Demco. They're both fairly easy to move around, too!

The B&W Companion (non-slider) for 2020 GM pucks is currently only shown as appropriate for long beds, but I don't know why, unless Chevy uses a different puck layout for the different bed lengths (could that be?). That hitch would also provide good turn clearance, I'm reckoning ~83 deg. I can't imagine needing more than that, but I'm sure that there are people with dinged up front caps and cab backs that said the same thing...

There must be other SB hitch options out there. I'm not looking very seriously at manual sliders due to having to rely on my vigilance in moving them when I should. I wanted to post what I'd determined for any others of us who have the 2020 GM short beds, with the new puck pattern which is not widely supported yet. I'd be delighted to hear from anyone who's had the opportunity to try a hitch on the new GM short bed.

Don
    Don
    2021 Solitude 310GK
    2020 Silverado 3500HD/CC/SB/SRW

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DriverDon View Post
    Sorry, I'm coming very late to this thread, but it seems like the right place to post.

I have been vacillating over which hitch to get for our 2020 Chevy 3500HD CC 6'9" bed and 2020 (ordered) 310GK. I have looked at both the Demco and PullRite auto sliders, both of which (currently) require an ISR adapter plate. And, of course, they both need capture plates on the MorRyde pin box, as well. I'd also need a crane to get them in and out of the truck bed. So I'm not too crazy about the auto slider option.

I measured the position of the pucks/gooseball mount, and it turns out the pucks are 3.35" aft of being centered on the rear axle, and the gooseball mount is 4.5" aft. That makes the Andersen Ultimate and the Demco Recon, both of which mount to the gooseball, pretty attractive, since (if I'm doing the math correctly), the turn clearance on these would be >90 deg on the Andersen (regardless of coupler block orientation), and ~86 deg on the Demco. They're both fairly easy to move around, too!

The B&W Companion (non-slider) for 2020 GM pucks is currently only shown as appropriate for long beds, but I don't know why, unless Chevy uses a different puck layout for the different bed lengths (could that be?). That hitch would also provide good turn clearance, I'm reckoning ~83 deg. I can't imagine needing more than that, but I'm sure that there are people with dinged up front caps and cab backs that said the same thing...

There must be other SB hitch options out there. I'm not looking very seriously at manual sliders due to having to rely on my vigilance in moving them when I should. I wanted to post what I'd determined for any others of us who have the 2020 GM short beds, with the new puck pattern which is not widely supported yet. I'd be delighted to hear from anyone who's had the opportunity to try a hitch on the new GM short bed.

Don
    Don,

It's best to start you own, new thread with this type of question.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted to use the Andersen with my Turning Point on my last 5th wheel and my hitch guy who I have been doing business with for 25 years said you will have to lock out the pivot feature to use it ... that was all I needed to know ... he would only provide the best advice to his customers ... had him install a B&W Patriot 18K and could not be happier ... now forward to my New S Class Solitude the B&W continues to serve me well .... the restriction of no goose-ball applies to the B&W Companion as well as the AUH .... there is a reason ... I am just not a engineer so I cannot tell you why ... later Frank
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 295RL pulled by a F250 6.7 diesel, 6 3/4 bed. My hitch is a Pullrite Super 5th 16K hitch. I have the Turning Point feature enabled as I have "a short bed" and love the feature as I do not want to keep replacing my back window. So far no problems and it tows really well. Hitching up is easy

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have an Andersen 3220 hitch and a F350 diesel Long bed truck. Our fifth wheel is a Solitude Model 344 GK. The problem we have is the limited turning radius because the trailer goose neck doesn't clear the truck bed walls. While maneuvering the fifth wheel and parking the fifth wheel impacted the truck wall denting it and bending the mounting bracket that locks the tow ball to the fifth wheel. This hitch severely limits the turning radius and the ability to back into sites. Watching YouTube videos of people parking a Momentum and turning at ninety degrees that's not possible with this.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast