User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hubie1988 View Post
    I have a 2019 F350 and it is tall (Ford lowered the F350 with the 2020 Model), but I have 7-8” of rail clearance. That is clearance above the rail I use for my Velcro bed cover, which is a half inch above the truck bed rail. I am using the Reese goose ball. I can’t use the B&W ball because my issue is the front of RV is a little higher than the back end. You have to make sure the shocks in the Reese hitch have enough air, I keep mine between 35-40 psi.Attachment 28117
    Nothing to add to the topic but just wanted to say what a great pic and beautiful neighborhood, looks just like the one I grew up in up in St Petersburg! I can spot the palm trees, St Augustine grass, and those funny little gutters along the street anywhere lol!
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha, thanks! We are not too far from Cocoa Beach along the Space Coast! Love it here!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From this forum i found out that i could raise the ball height. I raised mine as high as it would go in the frame. It did not raise the goose neck of the trailer high enough to clear the truck bed walls. As of now I haven’t found a solution that provides clearance of the truck bed walls so we still have a limited turning radius.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredJon2017! View Post
    From this forum i found out that i could raise the ball height. I raised mine as high as it would go in the frame. It did not raise the goose neck of the trailer high enough to clear the truck bed walls. As of now I haven’t found a solution that provides clearance of the truck bed walls so we still have a limited turning radius.
    Unfortunately, the solution would be to add a subframe to raise the height of the RV.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven’t read this entire thread, so this may have already been mentioned.

We turned the adapter on the kingpin 180 degrees. I was concerned that, with it in that position, it might be too close to the rear of the truck, but we have adequate clearance with the tailgate down, so long as everything is straight.

I had a sliding bed cover installed (obviously open when towing) and the tracks protrude a little over, into the bed. With the adapter in the “extended” position, it would have been hitting the bedrails and the track sections.

Turning the adapter took care of the issue.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richter View Post

We turned the adapter on the kingpin 180 degrees. I was concerned that, with it in that position, it might be too close to the rear of the truck, but we have adequate clearance with the tailgate down, so long as everything is straight.

I had a sliding bed cover installed (obviously open when towing) and the tracks protrude a little over, into the bed. With the adapter in the “extended” position, it would have been hitting the bedrails and the track sections.

Is your truck a long bed? Does your 5th wheel come close to the truck cab on sharp turns?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is what GD customer service said today about the Andersen Hitch

Quote Originally Posted by Richter View Post

There is a specific formula to determine if the Anderson king pin piece should be forward or backward based on ball distance from side rails. I don’t know what it is off the top of my head but I am sure it can be googled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Reflection 31MB
    2016 Ram 2500 Cummins

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryinGlobe View Post
    Is your truck a long bed? Does your 5th wheel come close to the truck cab on sharp turns?
    We are running the 350, so it is the 6‘9” bed (the 150 has a “shorter” short-bed). I don’t like to make too tight of a turn when backing, as it puts a lot of stress on the tires and suspension, but I think I can get close to 90 degrees in a turn. The nose of the Reflection is quite curved, both side-to-side and top to bottom, so that adds to the available clearance. I’ve never had an issue on a straight-ahead turn.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456