User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Harlech

New 369RL Owners!

Hey gang, my name is Kyle and my lady, Katie and I, along with our two dogs, just purchased a 2014 369RL yesterday. We take delivery on Monday and I can say we are super excited! After over a month of looking at different brands (And Dad pushing me towards a Keystone since that is what he owns) we finally settled on a Solitude. The quality and craftsmanship speaks for itself and I am excited to be a part of this active community of owners.

We are getting ready to relocate from Oklahoma down to Texas for work and instead of dealing with rushing into a house we have decided to full-time for the rest of the year (At least) before we even bother shopping for a house.

We are very anxious to starting making our 369RL our new home!

Thanks,
    Kyle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome, Kyle and Katie. I'm sure you'll love your 369. Welcome to the family! I can't stress enough, the importance of taking your time during the final walk thru and PDI. Check EVERYTHING and have the dealer demo EVERY system in the unit. If you see something that just doesn't seem right, make note of it even if the dealer gives you the typical "oh, that's normal" answer. This forum is a wealth of information from many different sources and perspectives. If you have any questions about your new rig, there is plenty of good information right here. We love to share our experiences... both good and bad. Best of luck!

What will you be towing with?
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa
    2014 Solitude 369RL S/N 104
    2012 F350 SWR 4x4 CC 6.7 Diesel

Harlech
    Hey Andy! Thanks for the welcome and the advice on final delivery, I am OCD so rest assured I will be checking EVERYTHING!

We are towing with an '09 Sierra 3500HD DRW Duramax with a Companion hitch and Firestone helper bags.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum Kyle and Katie and congratulations on your new Solitude! You guys are going to love the 369, so much storage and very comfortable to live in.

Steve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlech View Post
    Hey Andy! Thanks for the welcome and the advice on final delivery, I am OCD so rest assured I will be checking EVERYTHING!

We are towing with an '09 Sierra 3500HD DRW Duramax with a Companion hitch and Firestone helper bags.
    Perfect!! Plenty of truck for the job. OCD is a good thing to have when doing a PDI. How long will you have to "test drive" your Solitude before you move to Texas? Chances are you will find some issues (most new units will have them) and I'm sure it will be better to have the selling dealer close by resolve them. Grand Design is also there to help resolve issues, if they come up. Best customer service I've ever seen in a RV company.
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hiya Kyle and Katie and welcome to the forums!
    Congratulations on your new Solitude...you'll love the room and the storage you'll find in your new RV.
    The Solitudes are so roomy. Y'all enjoy
    Renee & Bill -- Central Louisiana
    2014 Solitude 305RE #404
    2007 F250

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Kyle & Katie,

Welcome to the Solitude Family. I know you will be happy with your choice. We have had ours almost a year and we are loving it. We are fulltiming it in GA for now. Happy Camping and Happy Trails.
    Kamper
    Johnny & Mary
    Henderson, NC 4 Now
    2014 Solitude 369RL
    2015 Silverado 3500HD Crew Cab High Country
    24K Pullrite ISR 5th Wheel Hitch with Super Rails

:cool:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome Kyle and Katie!

We have been out on six trips with our 369RL and I can't say enough how we love it! It just gets better and better with each trip! I am always sad when we come home and put the cover on her!
    You will love it and will do things to make it homey!
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick question for all the 369 owners...took ours out on our 2nd trip and the back wall recliner opened up while on the road. When we opened the slide, it crunched the foot rest and damaged the wall. That was the 2nd time it reclined all by itself from vibration. We have to open the slides to gain access to the back, so it's a "catch-22".

Has anyone else had an issue like this? We're not real happy right now! Don't know how to keep it from happening - any ideas? The recliner seems ok even though it was pretty tweaked when it happened....the wall is another story.

HJ
    hjdj

369RLS #1206
    2010 F250 Diesel
    Pull-Rite SuperGlide Sliding Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hjdj369rl View Post
    Quick question for all the 369 owners...took ours out on our 2nd trip and the back wall recliner opened up while on the road. When we opened the slide, it crunched the foot rest and damaged the wall. That was the 2nd time it reclined all by itself from vibration. We have to open the slides to gain access to the back, so it's a "catch-22".

Has anyone else had an issue like this? We're not real happy right now! Don't know how to keep it from happening - any ideas? The recliner seems ok even though it was pretty tweaked when it happened....the wall is another story.

HJ
    I've seen a few posts on this forum about the recliners opening during travel and things getting banged up when opening the slides. Don't know what the problem might be. Never had the problem myself but since I heard about it, I always make sure the recliners are fully locked in place before putting in the slides and I also watch them like a hawk when putting the slides out. You might want to post on the Manufacturers Corner (tech section) so GD can see it and reply to the issue. I don't doubt they will make it right for you.
    Andy & Julie
    Gig Harbor, Wa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast