Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

South Florida

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainNeal View Post
    Captain at a major airline. Just started full timing, again, three days ago when we took delivery of our 2019 385GK-R. Full timing to avoid over priced rental rates and the need to break leases when we move crew bases.
    Ill be going to South Florida in a month or two for full time RV living work at MIA Airport trying to find some good parks to move into.

Best Regards Rusty
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2011 F250 Diesel

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cargo747 View Post
    Ill be going to South Florida in a month or two for full time RV living work at MIA Airport trying to find some good parks to move into.

Best Regards Rusty
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2011 F250 Diesel
    I am at Yacht Haven RV Park and Marina. Currently about 1100 a month. Anxiously waiting to get based in MCO so I can get out of South Florida. Too expensive. It is right by FLL airport. Slim pickings down here...

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

South Florida

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainNeal View Post
    I am at Yacht Haven RV Park and Marina. Currently about 1100 a month. Anxiously waiting to get based in MCO so I can get out of South Florida. Too expensive. It is right by FLL airport. Slim pickings down here...
    Years ago I stayed at Yacht Haven RV Park and Marina I think it was 600 a month (about 2003) I called them and they said I might have to move around for peak season but I believe rates go up during peak season also. I'm looking at Miami Everglades RV Park...

Best Regards Rusty

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m going to be full timing end of this year, and I work in IT doing cloud server management. I’ll be heavily reliant on cell signal (if there isn’t any I’m driving to the closest Starbucks). It took some brown nosing but after I basically proved my work ethics I asked to be fully remote

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife retired and I'm still working as an contract IT Project Manager.
    Keith & Victoria T.
    2019 Solitude 375RES
    2018 Ram 3500 4x4 6.7L Cummings Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Active Military. Takes the stress out of potential moves especially coming up on retirement.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be full timing in December....going to be a travel RN

soon to be
    260 RD 150 series

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife is a full-time mom, and I work in information technology, specifically telecommunications. My focus over my career has been on Avaya systems. I've worked on pretty much everything they make. I've also worked on a few others over time.

We currently live in a Grand Design Momentum 385TH.

My previous employer would not consider work-from-home/work-remote for anyone, even after having promised (carrot and stick) that it was coming since before I started working there. A couple of months ago I took a contract position with another company that wants to transition away from Avaya to a full cloud service. They are paying for the monthly rent on a spot for me to be close to their offices for now, and I'm about 50% WFH with them. We also own a permanent RV lot in a park in southern Utah to be our home base.

Over the last week I received a crash course in Genesys PureCloud as part of a POC for the company. I was able to sit with Genesys engineers and learn their system pretty well. I already built the ability to duplicate their Avaya system in Genesys (complete with SalesForce and SSO integration), and today I am working from home to integrate some of the other features that Genesys can offer. They already have live agents taking calls with it and it's working very well.

Starting next week, I'll get the same chance to sit with Cisco/Broadsoft folks and do the same thing in their system for the second POC. Then the company will be able to make a decision about which system they want to use. Either way I win, since I'm getting factory training without needing to go anywhere.

At one time Avaya was a fantastic company to deal with. They aren't anymore, and they are losing a lot of customers. It's sad, but things change. There are many lessons there.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 06-26-2019 at 06:48 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am an equipment operator, mainly semi truck, working for a company that does petrochemical refineries turn arounds, new construction, and reconstruction. My bride is tax accountant who works for Robert Half. They are a temp agency for accountants so were ever we go, they can find her a position. They can be a couple weeks to several months. Currently I am at the BP refinery in Whiting IN, parked at a mobile/ rv park in Chicago three miles from the refinery.
    2020 Solitude 375 RES
    Tow Vehicle 2017 F-450 Lariat 4X4 Crew Cab Long Bed FX4 6.7 Diesel Titanium White Tri Coat
    To truly know what a man is, give him authority
    Best way to get back on your feet is to get off your ******
    God, Guns, Guts, made America free, lets keep all three

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Safety Engineer, I move to different construction projects, Full timing meets the lifestyle
    2019 375 RES Linen
    KI6KER General
    Home Base Phoenix

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12