User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Full timers who aren't retired: What do you do for a living?

This is purely out of curiosity. As the title says, what do you do? Wife and I both have careers fields where we could possibly do it but don't really want to home-school our kids.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Civil Servant at Camp Atterbury IN, Director of Information Management (DOIM). Sold the house in Dec 2018, now looking for land to purchase and build a barndominium. Full timed from 2006-2008 with 4 kids, wife and 2 dogs after retiring from the military. Home schooled the 4 kids K-12 (DW did 99% of the teaching). All have now graduated from college and are on their own. From 2006-2008, worked as an IT instructor and put together conferences throughout the country as we traveled.

Pete
    Pete & Carla Nelson
    2017 F-350, diesel, DRW, Lariat, 8' bed, Ford's TPMS, Furrion camera, Revolver X2 Tonneau Cover
    2017 Solitude 384GK, with dual pane windows, slide toppers, gen ready, heat pump.
    Added items: WiFiRanger EliteAC (external antenna), WiFiRanger GoAC (Router),
    Trailer Saver BD3 w/underbed adapter, Cheapheat system, Fantastic fan (bathroom), 50 Amp Hughes Auto Former w/surge protection, 5th wheel skirting.
    MoRryde independent suspension, 8k axle, disc breaks, Sailun S637 tires

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I work for a very well-known networking and telecommunications company. I work from my home office (I've been a full-time telecommuter since 1996) so all I need is an Internet connection, a phone, and an airport.
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xcapers is a group associated with the Escapees RV Club that is aimed at the younger crowd - non-retired, those with kids, etc. You might check it out:

https://www.xscapers.com/

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I can’t say we are full timers yet, but by March we will be. I’ve been telecommuting for the last 4 years and we decided that we had no reasons to stay at our current residence any longer. I work in corporate IT, just need internet.
    2019 Reflections 315RLTS
    2005 F250 Powerstroke Bulletproofed
    2014 HD FLHTK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I work in the oil and gas industry providing production chemicals. We have been full time for 2 years come April. The wife just started a job at the local hospital. We are currently in Wyoming.
    Richard and Cheryl
    2019 Solitude 372FB-R
    2016 F350 Dually FX4
    2015 Can Am SXS SDX 1000
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting. Thanks for the input. My wife isn't at all interested in fulltiming so this was as much for my curiosity as anything. Thanks for chiming in!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Active Duty military. January marked my first year of full time living. So far I've lived in the Bay Area of CA and now currently in Alexandria, VA in my 38ft Momentum. Learning this whole winter living currently by trial and error.... New to winter (grew up in FL) and new to camper winter living.. Lets just say, its been fun-ish? HAHA

Cross country trip was awesome in this thing as well! No need for hotels and were able to stop wherever we wanted. Full time living in a trailer with my career path gives me ease of mind anytime I PCS to the next location.
    Last edited by vivienne_d; 02-02-2019 at 08:30 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I work contracts helping companies identify and resolve problems.
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Captain at a major airline. Just started full timing, again, three days ago when we took delivery of our 2019 385GK-R. Full timing to avoid over priced rental rates and the need to break leases when we move crew bases.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast