User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you replacing the bottom breaker in a group of 4 behind a plastic cover?
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratzpac View Post
    Ok just about out of options. Replaced with three different breakers. 100 amp and an 80 amp. I can here a distinct click when retracting slides and Jacks. They will hesitate and in a few seconds begin to retract again. Then stop for a few seconds.
    This may be a long shot, but ground issues can cause a problem like you are having. Here's a recent thread that may give you something else to check: https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...de-wont-go-out

Also, I noted the battery voltage in a previous post, but was it checked while under a load? You might be surprised how much it can change.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine only has the one breaker behind plastic shield. Is there more? Thanks

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Typically in a Solitude there are four autoreset breakers on a bus bar. This is the picture of my 310GK with the thin plastic cover removed. This is on the wall right behind the battery in the front compartment. The breaker for my hydraulic pump is the bottom one. You can tell by tracing the heavy wire up to the revering relay then to the pump itself.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9181.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	17356

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow I appreciate that. Did not realize these were breakers. Thought just delays. I will tinker today and let you know. Thanks.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread is very informative. My slide started doing the same thing a couple of months ago. But mine do it both in and out. I will have to check the breakers. What do you think the breaker is doing getting old and just over heating?
    2012 Chevy 3500 DRW DURAMAX
    2016 Momentum 397th
    TOY 2013 800 RZR LE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have replaced the 100 amp main breaker and still does it. I have tried several breakers. I will keep you posted.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditchdigger View Post
    This thread is very informative. My slide started doing the same thing a couple of months ago. But mine do it both in and out. I will have to check the breakers. What do you think the breaker is doing getting old and just over heating?
    Possible, but also possible (and more likely?) is an intermittent, loose, or corroded ground connection. If there is an inefficient ground the voltage at the slide motors (or any other component sharing the ground) will be less than what is read at the battery. This is because some of the battery's voltage is "dropped" across the poor ground connection. In turn this causes the motor to draw more amperage to operate (that the battery will provide!) which in turn will pop the circuit breaker if it exceeds the breaker's rating. So the breaker popping is the symptom, not the cause, of the problem.

From https://www.ecmweb.com/design/highs-...motor-voltage: Effects of low voltage. When you subject a motor to voltages below the nameplate rating, some of the motor's characteristics will change slightly and others will change dramatically. To drive a fixed mechanical load connected to the shaft, a motor must draw a fixed amount of power from the line. The amount of power the motor draws has a rough correlation to the voltage 2current (amps). Thus, when voltage gets low, the current must increase to provide the same amount of power. An increase in current is a danger to the motor only if that current exceeds the motor's nameplate current rating. When amps go above the nameplate rating, heat begins to build up in the motor. Without a timely correction, this heat will damage the motor. The more heat and the longer the exposure to it, the more damage to the motor.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey man you have been a great help. I will work on it this afternoon.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guess I am just not smart enough to figure this one out. All fittings are tight batteries fully charged and new breaker. What is left? Thanks for all your help

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast