User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slides and jacks retracting hesitation.

384 GKR slides and Jack's stop when I try to retract. They will move some then stop. I wait a few seconds and they will retract a little more then stop. I have changed my 100 amp breaker but still same result. Any suggestions?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine has done the same thing when it’s cold outside(and if memory serves me, I think the owners manual mentions the same possibility). I don’t know what part of the country you’re from, but maybe this is a possibility. Once the outside air temperature warms up some, it doesn’t hesitate at all. I think temps in the 20’s to mid-30’s is where I’ve experienced the hesitation in the system. Of course, the condition of your battery could also be a factor.
    Tim & Lynn
    Western NY
    2017 Solitude 310GK
    2022 Chevy LTZ 2500HD 6.6L Turbo Diesel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In Florida so no cold weather and battery shows 13.6 volts. Extending all works fine. Thanks for your reply.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok thanks. I’d check the fluid reservoir level next.
    Tim & Lynn
    Western NY
    2017 Solitude 310GK
    2022 Chevy LTZ 2500HD 6.6L Turbo Diesel

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The level looks ok. Just trying to avoid a service call. Thanks for your suggestions.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What 100 amp breaker are you referring to? There should be a 50A or an 80A for the hydraulic pump.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine has a 100 amp. Self reset breaker located next to batteries

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratzpac View Post
    Mine has a 100 amp. Self reset breaker located next to batteries

I sure sounds like the self resetting breaker is tripping and then resetting. This was fairly common when GD was using 50A breaker and the newer LCI hydraulic system (in the past few years). The tripping and resetting gets worse with age/usage. GD has changed to an 80A breaker in the newest (mid-2018? on) builds. Many people, myself included hve changed the older 50A breakers to 80A, heavy duty (better quality) breakers. This has solved most (all?) of the trip/resetting problems. I have not heard of a 100A self resetting breaker being used, but that is besides the point. Even a brand new, 100A breaker could be defective.

If possible, can you tell (by voltmeter, sound or feel) if the breaker is tripping and resetting? If so, then either it is the problem (to small (50A) or defective) and it needs to be replaced or something else is wrong and you are drawing way to much current. I am betting on the former condition.

If you are not risk adverse and/or desperate, you can bypass the breaker (disconnect the battery (switch), take the wire from the reversing relay off the load side of the breaker and put it on the supply (battery) side of the breaker, reconnect the battery switch) and try it. If it works correctly, the breaker is the problem. Note: I would only suggest this for a test or an emergency, not a long term solution. The breaker is a protection device and there for a reason.

Chris
    Last edited by CoChris; 01-07-2019 at 04:50 PM.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the advice. Still working on it.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok just about out of options. Replaced with three different breakers. 100 amp and an 80 amp. I can here a distinct click when retracting slides and Jacks. They will hesitate and in a few seconds begin to retract again. Then stop for a few seconds.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast