User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratzpac View Post
    Guess I am just not smart enough to figure this one out. All fittings are tight batteries fully charged and new breaker. What is left? Thanks for all your help
    Hard to believe it is a mechanical binding issue when it affects, according to your first post, slides and jacks.

In your position I'd remove the ground(s) and ensure they are clean and there is (was) a good bond to a bare metal surface. You may find that as you remove the ground(s) a wire that seemed tight will fall out of the connector. Wouldn't be the first time that was reported on this forum. All I can suggest is to keep looking--there's a common ground somewhere that I believe is the root of your issue. (I could be wrong--tough troubleshooting with a keyboard...)
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratzpac View Post
    Wow I appreciate that. Did not realize these were breakers. Thought just delays. I will tinker today and let you know. Thanks.
    Which 100A breaker have you been replacing? The picture on the left, shows the high current, 12v DC auto-reset breakers that supply power to the hydraulic pump and other systems. The picture on the right shows the main 50 amp double pole120 volt AC breakers in the distribution panel. These have nothing (directly) to do with the 12v hydraulic system.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9181.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	17360 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9202_labled.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	17359

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the bottom breaker controls the hydraulic pump, which one controls the slides. I thought my 2018 GD 310GK had electric slides - was I mistaken. My slides also hesitate along with my 6-point leveling gear. Batteries are fully charged and I get the one-time hesitation on the two larger slides and a one-time hesitation on the landing gear even when connected to the power pole. Did the upgrade to the 80-amp circuit breaker for the bottom post on the bus bar correct your problem.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulf Coast Camper View Post
    If the bottom breaker controls the hydraulic pump, which one controls the slides. I thought my 2018 GD 310GK had electric slides - was I mistaken. My slides also hesitate along with my 6-point leveling gear. Batteries are fully charged and I get the one-time hesitation on the two larger slides and a one-time hesitation on the landing gear even when connected to the power pole. Did the upgrade to the 80-amp circuit breaker for the bottom post on the bus bar correct your problem.
    I had the exact same issue. The issue went away after I installed a new 60-amp breaker.

I also have a 2018 310 GK.
    2018 Solitude 310GK
    2021 F350 6.7 Diesel Platinum SRW 4X4
    Curt Q20 Slider

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulf Coast Camper View Post
    I think you are mixing DC with AC. You need to look at the fuse panel, which does the DC side not the breaker panel which does the AC slide. Pump and slides are DC.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your reply. Similar to another response, Grand Design sent me, at no charge, an 80-amp inline circuit breaker to replace the 50-amp which came on the 5er. I figured out the connections and I have not had any trouble since making the swap. Grand Design Service was great to work with.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    I sure sounds like the self resetting breaker is tripping and then resetting. This was fairly common when GD was using 50A breaker and the newer LCI hydraulic system (in the past few years). The tripping and resetting gets worse with age/usage. GD has changed to an 80A breaker in the newest (mid-2018? on) builds. Many people, myself included hve changed the older 50A breakers to 80A, heavy duty (better quality) breakers. This has solved most (all?) of the trip/resetting problems. I have not heard of a 100A self resetting breaker being used, but that is besides the point. Even a brand new, 100A breaker could be defective.

If possible, can you tell (by voltmeter, sound or feel) if the breaker is tripping and resetting? If so, then either it is the problem (to small (50A) or defective) and it needs to be replaced or something else is wrong and you are drawing way to much current. I am betting on the former condition.

If you are not risk adverse and/or desperate, you can bypass the breaker (disconnect the battery (switch), take the wire from the reversing relay off the load side of the breaker and put it on the supply (battery) side of the breaker, reconnect the battery switch) and try it. If it works correctly, the breaker is the problem. Note: I would only suggest this for a test or an emergency, not a long term solution. The breaker is a protection device and there for a reason.

Chris
    GD is shipping me an 80-amp breaker. Does anyone have pics or instruction on replacing the current 50-amp with this new 80-amp.
    Gary and Cindy
    Cibolo, Tx.
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 310GK

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123