User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auto level on the Reflection series trailers

Hello All,

I was at a dealer looking at reflection series 5th wheels and TT and the sales guy said that the reflection had electronic levelers but that they wouldn't "really level" the trailer and I would still need to level the wheels side to side by pulling up on spacers. He said if I really wanted to level the trailer I would need the hydraulic system in the solitude. ( which we like as well )

I am looking at a solitude 344gk and a reflection 320mks right now. If we choose something else it will be in that size range

Thanks in advance

Don
    Don & Jane Kyle
    Dash, our camping dog ( English Cocker Spaniel )
    26' TT
    2004 Chevy Silverado 1500

Here are the states we have camped in

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 27RL had full auto level. 4 electric jacks. Now , even with our Solitude I check side to side and get it close before unhitching. If it is too far off either system will lift the tires off the ground , which I don't like. Both systems , elec & hyd , have worked seemlessly for us. You do have to perform a manual level initially and calibrate the system to know what level is.
    The hyd system is faster than the electric.
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Site Sponsor Gold Country Livin''s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountaindon View Post
    Hello All,

I was at a dealer looking at reflection series 5th wheels and TT and the sales guy said that the reflection had electronic levelers but that they wouldn't "really level" the trailer and I would still need to level the wheels side to side by pulling up on spacers. He said if I really wanted to level the trailer I would need the hydraulic system in the solitude. ( which we like as well )

I am looking at a solitude 344gk and a reflection 320mks right now. If we choose something else it will be in that size range

Thanks in advance

Don
    Well Mountaindon, I feel that you are being fed something less than the truth. We have a Reflection #303 with electric system. Never had a Solitude but mine levels just fine and I do check it from time to time with a builders level. Good luck on your pursuit. We like ours just fine. I have had the need once to re calibrate it to get it zeroed out.

PS: Welcome to the forum!!
    2016 GMC 2500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
    2017 Reflection 303 RLS #13156 3/2017
    B & W turnover ball with Andersen Ultimate
    Disc Brakes
    TireTraker TT-505 tpms

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello All,

Thanks in advance

Don
    As others have said, I believe you might have be being "up-sold". The electric auto level on the Reflections works fine. As "cfowler55" said, the hydraulic system is faster (and maybe has more bore throw) but our 303 auto levels just fine. Now that being said, if I am off too far side to side it will error out because there is not enough throw in the rear cylinders to make it level without putting blocks under the jacks (the front jacks are adjustable so no issue). I carry some 2x8 squares that I put down as a matter of course anyway to hlep with soft ground. Also you don't want your wheels off the ground on one side anyway. On either system (elec or Hyl) if you are too far off side to side it will give you an error. I carry a set of andersen levelers with me and do a quick "rough level" with these and then let the system do the rest. https://andersenhitches.com/Products...r-leveler.aspx . Hope the info is helpful.

Jim
    2017 F350 Bronze Fire XLT short bed SuperCab, SRW power stroke Diesel, 3.31 rear end, 18" AT tires
    Demco hijacker autoslide hitch
    2018 303RLS VIN#: 573FR3329J3313328. Built 4/2017. Dual AC's, freestanding table/chairs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not putting down the Solitudes or the hydraulics but I have read some problems with the hydraulics and that has me shying away from them. If you get a hydraulic leak you may loose ability to pull up the jacks and retract or extend the slides. Just my personal thinking but something to consider. There is a possibility for problems with the electric equipment as well but they seem smaller to me.

We do as others have said above pre-level ours from side to side before auto level, I would do this with aby trailer and any jacking system.

Brian

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've had both electric in our Reflection and hydraulic in our Solitude. Both systems have worked flawlessly for us. You can manually over ride both systems if necessary.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello All,

Thanks in advance

Don
    Hello Don and Jane, Both the Solitude and the Reflections come with LCI LevelUp system. They are slightly different, but both are "auto-level", with a few restrictions. As Jim (BabyBober) said above, they will only work if the trailer is somewhat level side to side (within 3 degrees on the Solitude) AND, you must start with the trailer nose high (above level). Be sure your truck (and anything else) is pulled away from the trailer as the first thing the system does is lower the nose (sometimes a LOT).

The hydraulic system on the Solitude (at least ours), all six jacks can pick the trailer up off the ground (helpful in emergency tire change - but not good to do in general). I do not know if the rear electric jacks on the Reflection can lift the trailer ( a true jack) or if they are just stabilizers (steady the trailer, but do not really lift it). Hopefully some Reflection owners can clarify that aspect. I believe the hydraulic jacks have a longer throw (travel), but are mechanically fixed in position. The electric jacks have a manual sliding/telescoping portion and a short(er) powered travel. I do not know if there is a significant difference in the TOTAL travel of the two systems. I believe the hydraulic system is faster, (I think) a little easier to use, heavier and more expensive. Again, pro and con for each system.

Side Note: On the Solitude's, the larger (main) slides are run off the same hydraulic system as the jacks. On the Reflections, the slides are all electric. Again, pro and con for each system.

Both systems have pros and cons. If you get a hydraulic system, with trailer hooked up to the TV, all slides in and all jacks up, verify the hydraulic fluid level (easy to check, the reservoir is in the front compartment and translucent white - fluid is red and easy to see). I did not catch this when we picked out trailer up and our was way (almost 1/2 gallon) low when we got it from Windish. Pulled air into the system and caused some erratic behavior of the jacks and slides until I filled and bled the system (easy to do - once I knew what the problem was).

Chris
    Last edited by CoChris; 01-07-2019 at 04:32 PM.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    ...I do not know if the rear electric jacks on the Reflection can lift the trailer ( a true jack) or if they are just stabilizers (steady the trailer, but do not really lift it). Hopefully some Reflection owners can clarify that aspect.
    The electric auto level system on our Reflection would lift the trailer tires off the ground if necessary to level the RV.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    The electric auto level system on our Reflection would lift the trailer tires off the ground if necessary to level the RV.
    Good to know. So both the electric (Reflection) and hydraulic (Solitude) systems use all true jacks.

Thank you

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The electric Lippert Ground Control 3.0 system on our Reflection has the ability to lift the wheels off the ground to achieve level. As others have stated I also use boards to level the wheels side to side minimize the need for the auto level to move the tires off of the ground. Good luck!
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast