User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While on this subject, has anyone had the headboard material peel? I believe it's the same material as our old Lippert sofa, which peeled badly. It's most likely make by Lippert for Grand Design. Ours is peeling, and I'm looking at options for re-upholstering the existing one or replacing it.
    2016 Grand Design Momentum 385TH
    2014 Ram 3500 CC/LB/CTD/Aisin/4.10
    2014 Polaris RZR 800EPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I took mine off, it was in good shape. I don't know what a year in the attic has done to it!
    Jim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Jim and Judy in a Ram 2500 towing a
    2015 Reflection 29RS with modifications

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thornhill View Post
    On my headboard, there were screws behind each cap. The caps were easy to pry off, but of course be careful. I think I just used a flat head screwdriver. Mine were phillips screws about 2" long, just backed them out with a drill.
    My DW found a YouTube video on this and took off the caps. I removed the screws and have the headboard propped up where I think it will go, but am waiting for approval before putting the screws back in.

FYI, I contacted GD support and they sent me the details on what is in that wall and there is no blocking for the screws - they are just held in by the thin wall-board. But there is no real stress on the headboard so it should stay in place.

Thanks for the help.
    John & Cheryl
    Sold: 2017 Tiffin Allegro 31SA Motorhome
    Sold: 2017 Reflection 337RLS, dual pane windows, 2nd A/C, Go Power! Solar Elite w/2000 watt inverter, Titan electric/hydraulic brakes, Goodyear Endurance ST235/85 R16 tires
    Sold: 2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, SRW, Duramax/Allison, 50 gallon Transfer Flow auxiliary tank
    States we have camped in with an RV:

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We got the job done. The only problem was putting the screws back in - I'm not sure what is behind the wall covering but it is very hard. I had to drill pilot holes to get the screws to start.

Thanks everyone for the help.
    John & Cheryl
    Sold: 2017 Tiffin Allegro 31SA Motorhome
    Sold: 2017 Reflection 337RLS, dual pane windows, 2nd A/C, Go Power! Solar Elite w/2000 watt inverter, Titan electric/hydraulic brakes, Goodyear Endurance ST235/85 R16 tires
    Sold: 2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, SRW, Duramax/Allison, 50 gallon Transfer Flow auxiliary tank
    States we have camped in with an RV:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123