Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Air Bags....

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Air Bags....

I've seen various posts here regarding rear air bags and the need. I can share that our truck has just over 300,000km on it and still runs like a top. Lots of preventative maintenance, but no issues. We'll get a new one in the next few years but good for now. We towed a 30' Laredo for 5 years or so. The truck/trailer completely level when loaded. Not so with the 337 as it's a bit more nose heavy. Had a bit of sag with it, so put in a Firestone air kit on the rear axle. Unbelievable how much better it rides! With the trailer on, the bags are at 25lbs to level it. The ride though is so much better. Previously, the ride could best be described as harsh and rattly. Much smoother and quieter with the air bags. Interestingly, the quieter, smoother ride generates a higher level of confidence in the whole set up. Even unloaded and at 10lbs the ride is much smoother. Should have done this years ago! Without a doubt, as soon as we get a new truck, it'll be getting an air bag installation.
    Chris
    Kanata ON
    2015 337RLS, 2014 Ram 3500 DRW CTD Crew Cab

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just picked up our new 337 yesterday and I installed airbags on my 2012 2500 Ram this week. I previously had pulled a Rockwood fifth wheel that was about 3000 lbs lighter than the 337. After hooking up to the new trailer yesterday and pulling it about 100 miles home, I am blown away by the difference airbags made. The new trailer pulls better than our other trailer ever did without airbags.
    Troy